• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a Cheap cooler for Xp 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceWilly

I just got an Xp1700+ and my dragon Orb 3 is way too loud. I need a cheap quiet cooler. More quiet than cheap.
Any suggestions on products or vendors?
thanks

I mean basically i need something cheap and quiet. This is a comp for my family, doesn't have to cool incredibly i just need a way to keep the temps acceptably and have the thing very close to silent.
Costs should be minimal while having okay temps, and little noise. Any other cheaper combos?

http:\\[url]www.xoxide.com[/URL]
IceWilly;
Try this site for a pretty decent deal. I picked up a CoolerMaster HSC-V62 all copper for $24 a couple months back, and its pretty quiet, considering what I'm running. (=see below=).
also, make sure to test it thoroughly b4 leaving it alone. I should know about monitoring since I cooked a 1200 t-bird at 64°C with an antec copper core because the case temps got waaay too hot
(ABIT KT7a raid system temp was 52°C)
Just my 2 cents worth, and a little knowledge to boot.:cool:

Will a Volcano 9 Heatsink and a 80 mm Vantec Stealth cooling it well enough???

Oh the X-dream @ directron.com kicks butt and is silent on low speed (it has an adjustable 80mm fan). you wouldnt have to worry at all with it on there. it is only like $15 too. performs just as good as an all copper SK-7 and this is a copper aluminum hybrid! The volcano 9 is no match for this cooler either.

thermaltake volcano series are pretty cheap...21.99 and you can run the fan on low and it'll provide enough cooling for your 1700...its not very loud on the low speed setting

Back