• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terry595

Registered
Do I have a problem.....................?

I have recently made several changes to my system ( See Sig ) but now i feel i have a temperature problem 46c Idle 57c Load.

Temps went up slightly when i changed to the A7N8X, and even further when i changed to the Xaser 111 case.

A M8 Upgraded his system to a similar spec and his temps are slightly higher than mine.

i have double checked HSF is seated correctly and im using AS3.

Thanx 4 any ideas you may have

Terry

temps in bios read 8 - 10 degrees higher.

I am taking the temps from display on case which is linked to a probe that is fitted under the cpu.

I have had Asus boards before and there temps always ran slightly higher so i was wondering if it was 'just one of those things' with the Asus.

Or should I be looking into changing to a different HSF.

I had thought changing to the thermaltake xaser 111 would of helped, what with it having 7 fans...........................

hmmmn id be concenered since ya also read it from ya all temp senors.id look into a better hsf coolermaster x dreams are nice if ya are looking for cheap hsf.

my board was doing the same thing...the Probe was displaying temps around 45 fullload 38-40 idle (SLK800 SMARTFAN II) but bios always displayed them at 45-47 IDLE and 51 LOAD...

don't know what the problem is but thats only 1 of my problems...

bios actually shows diode temp and is correct

46-56C ain't bad at all(if it is infact the cpu core/die temp) so no need to worry

Those temps aren't good, but they are tolerable. Just don't let them climb any higher. You could get another heatsink or maybe add some case fans and check to make sure you have good airflow. Try some of these tips...

1. Tie back loose wires in the case to improve airflow. These wires can be compacted into a small area using twist ties and wires can be taped down using duct or electrical tape. IDE cables are bulky and can be in the way sometimes, so buy rounded IDE cables if necessary. The rounded cables are much smaller.

2. Make a small fan duct using cardboard and duct
tape. This directs the air to where it leaves the case.

3. It is a good idea to clean your case every once in a while. This gets rid of all the dust that has collected on your components. Go to a local electronics store, such as Best Buy or Comp USA and buy a can of compressed air. Spray the inside of your case and watch the dust disapear.

4. None of these prior tips will accomplish too much if your computer is not equipped with a case fan. Without a case fan the hot air from the components will just sit inside the case. On just about every case there is a place for a case fan. These mounting spots use a standard 80mm fan. The fan should be about 30cfm. If you are only using one case fan make sure it is sucking air
out of the case. For two case fans on opposite sides of the case set up one sucking out of the case and one blowing in to the case.

Hope this helps you...Good Luck!!
Matt

Back