• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What if my pelt hotside is cooled at -60c what will the coldside temp be???Look

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qwerty57

BANNED TROLL-Silversinksam
I dryiced cooled the hot side of my 172w tec today looking for temps of -60 load on my gpu sounded do-able??? yeah right try
-84c :eek: talk about cold... I was using acetone as the bath for the dryice I though -14c on my ti4600 at 387 core yeilded great results. now I go looking into the 400mhz area :) results soon as I hook it up to the card.

constantly, hell na I run my pelt's 24/7 tho. I just wanted to see what would happen with -80c temps cooling the hot side of the tec.

Pelts areent too efficient at low temps. You wont see huge differences.

At -60, its cold enough that theres no point in adding a pelts. -60 is well into the land of diminishing returns from your cooling.

I wantefd to test it out I know that I didn't need to go pelt+dryice but i wanted to test it out bothwyas is all.

oh ok;) without the pelt im sure you will get better temps for sure though;)

Cheers, Turando

your right the 80w tec kept my card rocking at 387 but thats it... yeah 100% no pelt as the tec+gpu equal 3x's the heat that isnt needed. :)

na the highest Ln2 gpu G4 was 411mhz.. Im sure if I had the materials on hand to make what I want to hold the dryice+acetone mix I would get into the 400mhz range, but doubles na

im not talkin how fast or how much you can clock it, im talkin about you literally are chilling it so much that everything has shrunk to a point that it is going twice as fast. dangit, i know i read something like this somewhere and now i cant find it. maybe over at the phase change boards. wheres aenima or bowman when you need em?, lol

im not talkin how fast or how much you can clock it, im talkin about you literally are chilling it so much that everything has shrunk to a point that it is going twice as fast. dangit, i know i read something like this somewhere and now i cant find it. maybe over at the phase change boards. wheres aenima or bowman when you need em?, lol

I am quite sure thats not true. When my computer first boots, im at -7c. The performance is no better at -7c at x mhz, then the same proc at x mhz on aircooling at 45c.

Probably what was said was the average ocs.

does it feel any faster? forget benches,cpu mhz, and fsb and all that for a minute. when your at -7 does it feel faster than at +30? i dont have a super cooling setup so im asking.

ahh no performance is the same regartless mhz for mhz as ong as its stable..

AT the same speed in mhz, it does not feel any faster.

Sandra and 3dmark say its not any faster also.

The lower temps do result in better stability, but thats negated by the oc anyways.

ok,.... but theoretically speaking then, shouldnt it? i mean maybe not at that temp, but is there a temp where this can happen? not even double, just some increase? it seems logical to me that if you can shrink the gates and pathways of the chip ie.. making them smaller and shorter, by chilling it, it would lead to less resistance and latency due to the fact that signal has a smaller distance to travel. like if signal A can move down path X's lengnth in whatever nanoseconds, then by super cooling and physically contracting X's lenth, wouldnt signal A travel path X that much faster?

this could be true but we're talking mad low temp's well below freezing right?? then yes its possbile. reading kamu's ti4600 411 core thread using LN2 at vr-zone he said the acrd was frozen solid after 1 min and he just kept pushing the core higher and higher and maxed out at 411mhz.. he's still the onlyone Ive ever seen break 400 core on a g4 acrd. :)

the efficiency maybe, but not general speed, yes electricity will generally work better at lower temperatures but then too low and you run into troubles like contracting back and forth.

Back