• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

has anyone had a problem with the FSB/DRAM ratio???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

Im running DDR333 and I tried to set the FSB/DRAM ratio to 5/3 so that my DDR speed is at 320mhz or something like that, but it will not boot. I have to put it at 4/3 and run it at around 302mhz. Is this normal???

torchedlh said:
not sure why it won't work, but a 1/1 ratio is the best anyway...

It works for AMDs but not P4s

BTW you can't have those links in your sig. Only seniors and above can have links to off O/C forum sites.

Audioaficionado said:

It works for AMDs but not P4s

i believe he's using an AMD system....

Audioaficionado said:

BTW you can't have those links in your sig.

and where does it say that?

Audioaficionado said:

Only seniors and above can have links to off O/C forum sites.

and what's required to be considered a "senior"?

torchedlh said:

i believe he's using an AMD system....

and where does it say that?

and what's required to be considered a "senior"?

I assumed so but I thought I'd mention it as any ratios other than 1:1 apply to P4s mostly..

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/announcement.php?s=&forumid=66

"Only Seniors of this forum are permitted to use their own sites' URL in their signature. "

"Senior Member - Blue Stars – Senior Members have been recognized for a multitude of traits. All are extremely intelligent in the methods of overclocking, civil, kind, and active in the life of the forums. Senior Members are appointed by the Moderators and Staff in recognition of their service to the forums."

" Want to become a Senior Member? Here is what the moderators and staff look for when appointing Senior Members: (In order of importance)

1. A willingness to help others, particularly when an individual has little personal interest in the topic or problem. As when a Senior helps a beginner with a problem which has been discussed many times in the past.
2. A demonstrated patience and reserve in dealing with disagreeable people.
3. The ability to discuss or disagree in a topic on the basis of REASON rather than personal attacks, which never further knowledge, but can only wound hearts.
4.A reasonable to good back ground in overclocking and cooling combined with a general knowledge of hardware as a whole.
5. Approximately three - four months in our forum. Time to demonstrate a continuing interest in our forum and allow us to determine the presence of the afore mentioned qualities."

Last edited:
Back