• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK900 pressure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DepthwD

Registered
i have the system in my profile, i have ASC and when i screw the spring i loaded screws onto the risers should go till it wont go anymore(the bottem) or will that apply to much pressure... the last install i went to the bottem of it and did fine but i was wondering if it would case abnormal problems...

(getting my bios fixed monday wuuw... *hot flashing it*)

with the spacers on correctly you should be able to titen the screws till they bottom out but that worries me so i just make it nice and snug without bottoming out. I also count the turns on each screw so that the pressure is even on all four sides.

same here but i bottemed out the first time... i am still worried though... so i will prolly bottem out just for the heck of it... didnt bust the first time :)

That was my problem when i installed the 800(u) couldnt figure out how far to tighten the spring loaded screws. I just went till it bottomed out. Mind you they shorted me 1 screw so i had to mod it for the time being until they send me some more.

I tighten all four screws on my 900u as far as possible. That's the only way to make sure the pressure is applied evenly, and that the heatsink is making adequate contact with the CPU.

yeah whatever works, the springs and spacers are there for a reason but im getting great temps so im sure i have adequate pressure.

i tightened it till the screws were snug. I did force turn it, but the second i know it wouldn't turn anymore, i stopped immediately. That's how i know it's snug and that the pressure is all evenly applied.

Back