• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda mass refund (newegg)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DepthwD

Registered
ok, for all those who are ****ED about the 8rda(+) being very error proun and want a full refund from newegg i think we should organize a mass fullrefund request at a certain date and time... im sure we could get people who bought it from SVC too... :) so what do you all say about that...

On epox's end they should:
1 they should give proper warning about the bios issues in the owners manuel or lock the FSB
2 they should get a better NB HS that fits the dome on the NF2 chip
3 they should provide a HS that fits the dome of the SB
4 they should provide the mosfet sinks...
and finally
5 update the bios from 1/29/03 they know the issues and should fix them. not leave it up to the unknowing user to update it himself/herself.

people have had bios corruptions at stock speeds... how would they know whether you have OCed or not just request a full refund do not supply a reason. is there a way for them to know you have OCed the board? if you clear the Cmos im am sure there is no other way for them to know if there is tell me...

im am not telling you to lie about the request i am simply asking if your fed up with going through countless errors and screwups along the way and would want a full refund.

on my full refund request i am going to say the fallowing or something close to it "i am requesting a full refund i am not saticefied with this product after only 6 hours of usage and it dying. I do not want a repair apon this product if this will cancel my account then so be it."

well.....that might work, who are you going to send it to? directly to epox or to newegg? and just a few pointers when sending messages like that.....you might want to try spelling satisfied and what ever you are saying at the end with "apon"

your message doesn't look very convincing to me though. who cares if an online store cancels your account? not like it does anything but let you order from them easier. you gonna start buying your stuff online at prices 25% higher than them?

newegg does have a 30 day money back guarantee on all products you know. so if you had errors on day 6, get a refund.

LilBuddy said:
well.....that might work, who are you going to send it to? directly to epox or to newegg? and just a few pointers when sending messages like that.....you might want to try spelling satisfied and what ever you are saying at the end with "apon"

your message doesn't look very convincing to me though. who cares if an online store cancels your account? not like it does anything but let you order from them easier. you gonna start buying your stuff online at prices 25% higher than them?

newegg does have a 30 day money back guarantee on all products you know. so if you had errors on day 6, get a refund.
im not rma'ing it for those reasons. im rma'ing because im perdy sure the dimm slots are faulty.

i had an error on hour 6 :( not day... yeah all the spelling will be correct i was hoping more then 1 other person would join my anticks... other people have had the mobo power thing (were u plus the power into the mobo) melt to the power connector. maybie others will join later today. if they cancel my account ill make a new one... ive got a few addresses and credit cards(my parents are devorced differnt last names due to remarrage...)

a lot of the problems isn't because of the particular board but the nforce2 chipset, my A7N8X Deluxe was much worse - they die much more often than the Epox 8rda+, be glad yours isn't dead, all motherboards have problems, you should be able to handle them in order to be a good pc builder

im handling it... but i expect to have a know issues fixed or give a warning about it... i know all mobos have given issues here and there but this one seems to have alot more then the ones i have used in the past. if they know the issues why arnt they fixing them... i know newegg cycles alot through there i know they wont send em back but on some parts of the board it is above 190f thats insaine some even readf out 120f after mins of sitting that posses a burning hazzard. (parts are a little dot by to the right of the battery, mozfets, NB gets hotter then **** even with there cooler, SB, and a few others...) they way i think of dead on comp components is if it aint working its dead. if its fixable it is dead til its working.

for those who think i am an uptight little brat im not i just expect to have my crap work when i pay money for it... if i have to update something then so be it as long as they give me a warning in advance to make the update. If i didnt get a proper warning it corrupts frys or what ever the cause then i would think it would be on them if i ignored the proper warning then it is fully my fault. they should print little fliers to go into all the little boxes that say update the bios if the version is 1/29/03 if you are planning on overclocking this board. i know ranting and raving on is not helping i hasve sent in my request for RMA

hi,

what happened? what kind problems?
btw,and what's bios isses again???
did u try re-flashing the bios again?

Last edited:
i think that you should know with overclocking, heat comes with it. should your car dealer have to tell you that when driving your car at 150mph you could lose control very easily?

put these kinda tests on everything, it will make life a lot easier and more productive

i know when you OC heat comes with it... but when it is at stock speeds no OC at all and it is hot enuff to cause a burn as bad as a curling iron im sure they should give a warning towards that. mozfets get up to 80c without an oc a little dot to the very right of the board above the PCI slots thats up to 85c non-OCed this posses a huge concern because that little dot cant be cool because of its location and size.

jll3y-- the bios is corrupt when corrupted and there is no vga output then you to do one of these:
hot flash
send back to the manufacture
buy a new bios chip

2 of those cost money and the 3rd cost money also unless you pry the bios chip out with a jewelers flat head or a pocket nife risking the life of both bios chips and the boards, and then your even more screwed. (bios chip pullers can be bought at radioshack for those who dont know)

Last edited:
You guys are pointing the finger in the wrong direction. Newegg is a reseller, not a manufacturer. Got a problem? Take it up with Epox.

DepthwD said:
ok, for all those who are ****ED about the 8rda(+) being very error proun and want a full refund from newegg i think we should organize a mass fullrefund request at a certain date and time... im sure we could get people who bought it from SVC too... :) so what do you all say about that...

On epox's end they should:
1 they should give proper warning about the bios issues in the owners manuel or lock the FSB
2 they should get a better NB HS that fits the dome on the NF2 chip
3 they should provide a HS that fits the dome of the SB
4 they should provide the mosfet sinks...
and finally
5 update the bios from 1/29/03 they know the issues and should fix them. not leave it up to the unknowing user to update it himself/herself.

people have had bios corruptions at stock speeds... how would they know whether you have OCed or not just request a full refund do not supply a reason. is there a way for them to know you have OCed the board? if you clear the Cmos im am sure there is no other way for them to know if there is tell me...

im am not telling you to lie about the request i am simply asking if your fed up with going through countless errors and screwups along the way and would want a full refund.

on my full refund request i am going to say the fallowing or something close to it "i am requesting a full refund i am not saticefied with this product after only 6 hours of usage and it dying. I do not want a repair apon this product if this will cancel my account then so be it."

You patently have not got a clue what you are talking about, moreover, you are going about doing things in completely the wrong way. To add to that, your spelling could do with some improvement - satisfied may be the word you were after.

LilBuddy said:
i think that you should know with overclocking, heat comes with it. should your car dealer have to tell you that when driving your car at 150mph you could lose control very easily?

put these kinda tests on everything, it will make life a lot easier and more productive

ROFLMAO

o yea and K1114 very good Point

DepthwD said:
little fliers to go into all the little boxes that say update the bios if the version is 1/29/03 if you are planning on overclocking this board.

........your warrenty is null the second you overclock. you fry your board overclocking its on you not them. And No, newegg is not going to help you overclock your board by saying "download this bios, it overclocks better"

Who cares cares what temps certain parts of the board run at as long as it runs? They obviously designed it that way. amd users are comfortable at temps that intel users wouldnt dream of living with in their wildest dreams. if the mobo fries itself then you rma it to newegg or epox. simple as that. but don't overclock, fry your mobo, and cry fowl.

i think that to RMA your mobo for those reason is very childish because if i recall, the 8rda+ is one of the cheapest nf2 card around and when you purchased the card, didn't you read the specs first??? you can't RMA a mobo just because you don't like it. if you wanna get rid of it sell it but don't RMA it.
matter fact, this mobo is $30 cheaper than most of other nf2 based mobo which mean you can use this money to buy all those sink you've requested.

DepthwD said:
jll3y-- the bios is corrupt when corrupted and there is no vga output

have u try holding "insert" key and
then press power button?

and keep holding "insert" key until
you hopefully get a beep ;)

and also have u try bios "reset" jumper?

btw,have u try making autoexc.bat
bios flashing floppy?
try make one on family or friend's comptuer
that way it don't matter if u get vga or not,
as long as it boots then bios can be flashed

He hasn't tried much at all properly, he's just got an over inflated ego and is grammatically challenged to the point he appears inanely inept.

DepthwD said:
........mozfets get up to 80c without an oc a little dot to the very right of the board above the PCI slots thats up to 85c non-OCed this posses a huge concern because that little dot cant be cool because of its location and size.

Please tell me your practicing April fools jokes for next year

:rolleyes:

Ive been running the FIC AU11 (same thing as the 8RDA) OC'd for months straight without any issues. Yeah its hot, so are all other modern motherboards, you think Intel puts shoe box sized heat sinks on the P4 because it looks neato ? Doesnt matter what you buy,it will run hot.
As far as the BIOS, deciding to flash it or not is your choice and risk. If you are not willing to do it then stick with safe things like DELL computers.
Also I use NewEgg a lot and would be very happy if you dont RMA perfectly fine equipment since Id like them to stay in business...

newegg is responsible, as is epox. a vendor can't claim that they are not at all responsible for products they sell. they are. and the reason is, that if epox sells a board to a warehouse, the warehouse sells it to newegg, and newegg sells it to a computer store, and you buy it from the computer store, who all could you possibly sue in this scenario? everyone. you could sue epox, the distributor, newegg, and the local computer store.

this came from the auto industry and reliability of the product. if a car maker such as ford were to make a car and it have a poorly made part, and you bought it from the dealership, who would you go to for help? used to be, that you went to the dealership, and they said it was not their car, they just sold them. so you went to ford and they said, we didn't sell you car, your dealership did. so the government passed products liability laws that states that every person vertically or horizontally in the selling process is responsibe for the products. generally we start from the bottom because it is much easier to take your car to the dealership and have them fix the car for you instead of driving to detroit and trying to get a white collar accountant to fix the leak under your truck.

if you wanted to, you could probably say that newegg has an exclusionary clause in their purchasing agreement. newegg is the cheapest place and you can't just not get it because they say they won't warranty it for you. you are more or less forced into buying it from them. same thing as if you were to move into a substandard apartment because you were poor and they said that they weren't reliable for any injuries to you. so one day you wake up, lean on the balcony, fall and are paralized, yeah, you can sue them even though you signed a contract that says you can't sue them.

exclusionary clauses are illegal. try talking to a lawyer about this and maybe you can get newegg to pay up. if you are having tons of problems with your board, then let epox know and ask for an exchange. they would probably do that for you

Back