• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature Sensor On The Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
My motherboard (Asus A7N266-VM) has onboard temp sensors, and I've got a question about them.

MBM reports one of the sensors (#2) as having two states or modes of some sort. Plain Asus 2 sensor, and Asus 2 (CUSL).
I'm assuming that this is the sensor for the processor, as it is the highest temp, but when I change from plain Asus 2 to Asus 2 (CUSL), the temp goes up 10C (from 49 to 59C). Any idea what this mode is, and why there's such a jump?

Sensor #3 gives me an upside down analog graph by default in MBM, and it says -32C. Ideas as to what in the world this could be or indicate?

Sensor #1 seems to be the only one that's not off the wall or got some odd mode. It reports 40C, 10C less than #2, so I assume that it's the motherboard temperature sensor.

I know that these temps are horrid, but I've crammed an Athlon XP 1800+ into something it shouldn't be crammed into :rolleyes:
Anyone who recognizes the word Bomberman should know exactly what I'm referring to.

1 of the temps is on die and 1 is in socket. Dont bother with any sensor that doesnt look right. I have 1 thats -172c and 1 thats 126c.

That would make sense. Isn't the temp under the processor supposed to be high because the heat gathers under there?

Thanks for your help, Yuriman.

I would say that the temp sensors are definetly not working. But as for what the difference between senosr 1 and 2 is you got me. Maybe you should buy a DigitalDoc5. They are great. You can hook up so many fans to it.

Thank You,
Daniel

I now understand what you mean by bomberman.

Do you have some pics of it?

The Asus CUSL was a socket 370 mobo, if i'm not mistaken.
I guess it must have a different onboard monitoring chip. In order for MBM to read it properly you'd have to chose "Asus 2 (CUSL)".
Since you don't have this mobo, it won't give you the right temp.

That's what i think. Anyway, there's always one sensor that gives wrong values, one that gives a negative value.

arabarabian: Can't put a Digidoc into this mATX case.

Ben: Pics of what, Bomberman?

YviE: So basically give up on all the sensors? =P

I asked about the sensors mostly 'cause I know that an 1800+ really shouldn't be in Bomberman, but I'm trying it anyway. The heatsink currently is quite close to being able to burn you upon touching it.

Back