• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflo L1As enough for case cooling? And more ?'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SwishBish33

Registered
What up everyone, noob to OCing. Going to overclock a 1700+ DLT3C, with Thermalright SK7 and TT SFII. Have a case with two 80mm intake and two 80mm exhaust fan ports. Here are my questions:

1. Are 4 Panaflo L1As, 2 intake & 2 exhaust, going to be adequate case cooling for this setup?

2. Would it be wiser to get 4 Panaflo H1As instead and hook them to a rheobus to control the speed? Set to the lowest speed setting, are the H1As virtually identical in cfm/dba to the L1As?

3. Can I replace the old 80mm fan in my Antec SmartPower 300W with a Panaflo L1A? Will it provide adequate cooling for it?

4. Is there a way to attach the Thermaltake Smart Fan II to the rheobus I am going to buy and use that to control its speed instead of the built-in speed control it has? Would it be as simple cutting the built-in speed control off and attaching the resulting bare leads to the rheobus?

Thanks a pantload to all that respond. Happy OC'ing.

1.Yes

2.I'd get the H1As and not use a rheobus

3.Yes, I recently did the same mod with a 20cfm fan and it's working great

4.Why not just use the built in one?

My Panaflo L1A fans cool my case very well. I have a Chieftec case that has 2 front and 2 rear exhausts. I put a Panaflo on my HS too. I am running a 1700+ with a massive OC and doing just fine on temps. I only have an AX7 too.

About the TT smartfan II, I have one on the way here, and am wondering if I should hook it up to my rheobus. I think it will be more convenient this way then reaching in the case and switching it that way. How do you change the speeds on the thing anyway?

Bearing in mind the PSU fan will exhaust air as it runs you could do fine with one exhaust fan rather than two. Just an idea.

That should be adequate cooling. What are the room temps like on average? Expecially if you have A/C for the summer that will be fine. How much do you want to overclock? Because the heatsink may run out of cooling capacity before the case?

Thank You,
Daniel

toxicrain said:
About the TT smartfan II, I have one on the way here, and am wondering if I should hook it up to my rheobus. I think it will be more convenient this way then reaching in the case and switching it that way. How do you change the speeds on the thing anyway?

It comes with a little knob that you turn.

from what iv heard you can attach it to your rheobus, but im not sure how.

f3.jpg

You just turn the nob, you don't need a rheobus.

Is the knob long enough to mod the case and stick it out somewhere so it is easy to access? Can I solder more wire onto the wires for the knob to extend the knob's length so it can make it out of the case? Do I need a specific type of wire?

Do the H1As and the L1As sound similar if run at the same RPM?

Is the extra cfm from the H1As worth the added noise when compared to the L1As?

THANKS TO EVERYONE

SwishBish33 said:
Is the knob long enough to mod the case and stick it out somewhere so it is easy to access? Can I solder more wire onto the wires for the knob to extend the knob's length so it can make it out of the case? Do I need a specific type of wire?

It looks like exceedingly short wire to me, but it's easy to solder more wire to existing wire, and most wire will be ok.

Really for case fans the 24CFM 21dB-A Panasonic Panflos are great...The Vantec Stealth's are also a great choice for "quiet" case fans...;)

Back