• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7n8x Deluxe Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

miber

I have Asus A7N8X deluxe rev 1.04 with 1004 uber bios!
Also i have 256 Nanya DDR PC2700.
Could anyone please tell me the best settings for overclocking??
The max i could get was 13 x 179 or 12 x 189.
I want to reach 2,4 ghz.
So, vdimm=???
vcore=????
vagp=???
vdd=???
DDR timings=???

Please help me...
(I have THERMALRIGHT AX-7 w Delta fan 68,5 CFM)

If i set:
Vdimm = 2,9
Vagp=1,6
Vcore=1,85
Vdd=1,9

then which is the highest fsb i could reach??

Yes, let us know what chip you have. Also dont worry about messing with the agp voltage, just set the agp freq to 66MHz and dont worry about it. Unless you've got water cooling i wouldnt go above 1.85 vcore, and although i didnt know 2.9v vdimm was an option i suppose it is ok, just make sure you have good case airflow. On most all (infact all that ive seen) 1.04 rev boards the vdd support that the "UBER" BIOS adds actually does nothing, i beleive it only works on rev2 boards.

Max your Chip voltage, max your ram voltage, then try 12x200 and see if it posts. If it does, first thing, open up MBM or Asus Probe and watch the temps. Dont want it to go over 55.. Actually want it cooler, but that will give ya something to sart with.

Your mem is prob holding your FSB back, i had the same mem stick.
As for your CPU like clash said its trial and error, its different for everyone. Mine seems to max out at 2.26ghz :(. Can't wait to get my 1700+

So you think that the problem is my RAM....???
Then could anyone please suggest me what type of RAM to buy??
(brand and frequency)

Back