• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good deal on a Prommy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, that's a good deal if it's new. I think the best I've seen is at Hardwaregods for $495. I'm thinking of getting another since the prices have dropped a bit on the mach I.

go to each site that will deliver to you then get the price off all teh prommys what ever one is the cheepest is the best duh also look at postage and packageing that will effect the over all price

and Cúchulainn the first prommy wasnt called the mach 1

DrSpanky said:

and Cúchulainn the first prommy wasnt called the mach 1

Actually if you look on most sites that sell both versions. They are calling the first version the Mach I, instead of prometeia orginal or first version.

Just as a side remark- if you're going to spend $500 on chipcooling already, why not just go all out and spend 20% more for the best you can get, i.e. the Mach II?

The differences between air, water and active cooling are prohibitivem but within these categories they are much less so IMHO. :)

NiTrO bOiE said:
Because the Mach II is twice as much. I can get a Mach I, and upgrade a bit for the same price as a Mach II.

I think you can get a better deal on those. I saw them at a local and known expensive shop for 700... but it's *your* money! :D

Pray tell where you saw it for $449. AFAIK that's a dang good deal. I keep fighting the urge to splurge... must... phase... change... Seeing good deals like that make it even more difficult.

Back