• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X three pin fan connections.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huneycutt

I have revision 2.0 and the manual says the three pin connectors on the MB accomidates 350mA, 4.2 Watts or less. None of my case fans break it down to Milliamps on the label. One says 0.12A another 0.15A another 0.1A and so on. I don't want to fry something by hooking up a case fan that is over 350mA or 4.2 Watts. Would someone please tell me a how to formula to convert milliamps to amps or watts? In other words, let's take the fan that is labeled 0.15A, exactly how many millamps is that and how many Watts.

I know this is basic knowledge for an electrician type, but electrician I'm obviously not. Never to old to learn . . .

I realize I could go with a Molex connector and hook it up direct to the PSU. Just trying to educate myself here which is what this great forum is all about. Haven't been a participant that long but everyone has been very kind and always so helpful and I sincerely appreciate that.

Thanks and ya'll have a great Sunday. OldBird

Ummm.... OK....

There are 1000 mA in 1 A, just like there are 1000 millimeters in 1 meter...

So your fans are 120 mA, 150 mA and 100 mA.

E X I = W

Hello huneycutt-
Direct current calculations to find watts if voltage and current are known.
where E = volts / I = amps / W = watts
E X I = W
Fan #1 12VDC X 0.12A = 1.44W
Fan #2 12VDC X 0.15A = 1.8W
Fan #3 12VDC X 0.1A = 1.2W
Good Luck
elec.tron

[edit] Wow, 2 stars in 7 months, movin' right along, classifieds by next January or bust. hahaha

You're the greatest, thanks.

Now you'd think I could have figured that out for my old nasty self, but being an old bird I have developed a bit of wisdom over the years and if I don't know I ain't never been afraid to ask.
(Got my face slapped a few times from askin', but never was afraid to ask . . . . ) HeHeHeHe . . . ;-}

Will Rogers said there are three kinds of men:
The ones who learn by reading, the ones that learn by observation and the rest of them have to pee on the electric fence. (Boy, I bet that hurt . . . !!)
I'll take the reading method . . . as in oc'ers.com 'cause I ain't into pain of no kind.

Thanks for taking time to share the superb info, I wrote it all down in my lil' 'puter book of knowledge.

Ya'll have a cold one and send me the bill.
Iff'in ya'll wuz here I'd gladly fetch ya'll one . . .
OldBird

Back