• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dig these temps with stock HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L337 M33P

Ok

I figured out that my Mobo has 2 CPU temp sensors - 1 under the socket and has the ability to read the CPU thermal diode. I messed around with several thermal monitoring packages and they all said the same temp - 63C/38C CPU/system 100% load :D crispy, you say?

Heh it gets better

I messed around with the ubiquitous MBM5, and found that there was another temperature reading - the CPU die sensor.

Now my CPU is officially at 67C load :D :D :eek:

rock stable, hot as a boiled egg, but if I don't get watercooling soon will I have to dispose of the poor fried Pally...?

yeah once i figured how to measure temps and stuff, after a year of having my 1600+ almost running 24/7, i found my idle to be like 50 and load to be 65. it was usally on load too doing that prime number search thing hehe.

and it still works fine.

hehe my system is currently:
25c load CPU 23c case. of course its in a basement of a house with a signifigantly colder than average mainflore:basement temperature difference. I love Tualatins

BTW does a rapidly fluctuating CPU temp when going from idle-load indicate poor thermal contact? Mine jumps around a lot

Back