• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Used VapoChill PE or New Mach 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

^^^Floorkiller^^^

Im in a state of confusion, need some advice.

I could buy a used Vapo (4-5 months old) for 450$ or a new Prometia Mach 2 for 740$ without Lian-Li case (with 150$ more)

In the long term of use wouldnt the Prommi be a better choice.
I have heard that the old Prommi has condensation problems, dunno about the new Mach 2.

Mach2 can handle 200w of heat.
Vapo can handle 130w of heat.

So, looking into future the cpus isnt going to get colder, maby the Prommi will be a better case, if you are going to keep it for awile.

Would be great to hear any feedback on this matter.

/thx

WEll, it all depends on your budget.

The prommy would be better, but the vapo costs quite a bit less.

Where can you get the Prometia Mach II for $740?

Link, link!!! Please!!:D

I'm going for the Mach II because it is upgradeable (software and firmware), more powerful, and you can buy new kits for future processors as they come out. Like Sandman001 said, though, you pay the price for a better product.

You can get a Mach I Prommy w/o case for the same price as the used Vapochill. Plus the prommy has a little of an edge over the vapo. But if you don't want to drill a whole in your case for the prommy go for the used vapo.

A prommy "mach I" at roughly the same price as the vapo you're talking about would be a better choice imo. The first gen prommy has a heating pad too. But by all means if you can afford a mach II go for it :D

I'd go with the Mach 1. I heard that the Mach 2 operates at about 10°C lower than the Mach 1, and even if that translated directly into your cpu running 10°c cooler (which it doesn't), you would probably only be able to run your chip a tiny, tiny amount faster.

On the other hand... as you said, cpu temps. keep increasing these days... so perhaps a Mach 2 would be a good investment since it can handle up to 200W of power.

Last edited:
I would get the Vapo because I hear less people talk about condensation problems with it

Why do you think there is more condensation? Because the Prommy is doing a miles better job at getting the cpu cooler! :E

:attn:

Back