• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suggested cooling for gaining ~350MHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

im hoping to gain about 350MHz on a celeron processor... what kind of cooling would you suggest i use? i have a foxconn hsf (fan is 12V, 50x50x80mm, 4500rpm, hs is "low profile aluminum") but it also says "up to 866MHz"...

*money is a factor*

the processor i have has been known to get up to 1200MHz, but im not sure how high mine will go... how about like up to $30?

that x-dream is the BEST for its price, then there is the vantec aeroflow it is $30, and a 'little'an I stress little better then the X-dream. Either one will cool your celeron "easily". I would get the x-dream if I were you. Because in my opinion the areoflow isnt worth the $30, and the fan on it is a new design, but it is not very reliable. So like I said the x-dream should be the perfect heatsink for you.

Last edited:
Yeah first tell us what speed it is LoL!

It shouldn't take any heatsink technology at all to run that thing fast. The technology has run so far past what pre PIV Intel chips put out that the chips pretty much wont run much faster if any at all faster on top end water than they would a good or better heatsink from today.

I agree with what schismspeak is doing.

Get the best heatsink you can for $30 less and you shuoldn't spend any more.

I'm running a 900mhz celery with a stock AMD sink. No idea how fast it will run, but it stays very cool even under load and no case fan.

yeah im sorry i usually put in the processor's specs in the 1st post... its a 800MHz cD0 SL54P 1.75V Malay 100FSB... im gettin the x-dream *THANK YOU EBAY!!*

Back