• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm fan on an SLK-900U

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Strida

I have an SLK-900U heatsink and a junk fan installed on it ATM.

I was hoping on finding a fan with > 50 cfm of airflow and < 35 decibels of sound.

Any suggestions that aren't within the limits are fine as well. I was hoping on getting an 80mm fan as to reduce the dead spot.

the closest thing to that in 80mm form is the mechatronics 53 cfm 38 dba fan.... the dead spot on a 92mm fan isnt all too much larger than a 80mm.. and the panaflo 92mm h1a would be perfect for what u described.

The Sunon 80mm fan does quite well. There are two versions however, one that pushes bout 35 and another that does 55 or so. Both are fairly quiet.

Okay, 92 mm fans are fine as well, I am just trying to find a good fan with a decent ratio between power and sound.

Also, where are some good sites that sell lost of different fans?

I've shopped from 1coolpc.com several times and they have been very good. They use USPS which is a bit slower, but cheaper. They have a wide range of stock and everyone else that's shopped with them has been pretty happy (see resellerratings.com)

Check out the 92mm Enermax Fan, it comes with built in rheostat, and at top performance it puts out 64CFM@33dbA thats the best ratio I've found for performance to noise. I bought mine at sidwindercomputers, couldn't find it anywhere else.

Back