• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ducting mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orange400

I got an 80mm Thermaltake CPU fan (the Volcano Xaser Edition), and I heard of the ducting mod that'll just bolt right on to it. Is it worth it? Will it relly perform better or is it just a picky half a degree (celcius) thing?

Yeah they do help increase airflow. Personally I don't like the Volcano Series, had a Volcano 7+ and now I use a Thermalright SLK-900u. But I did find a use for my HSF, I have Thermaltakes ducting mod waiting to be mounted in a more complicated mod ;) putting the V7+ on a Radeon 9800, with the ducting mod facing out from the card towards the hole in the side of the case so the fan will be blowing cold air from outside the case right onto the GPU :)

stryder2720 said:
I did some ducting in my case and yes it worked superb. It cooled my CPU down by 5-8c, I wish I could post some pics for ya but I cant. ill try to find you the link someone gave me.

Here it is. http://www.808.dk/modding/ducting.html

wtf lol!! That's not what I had in mind but that's a good idea too. I meant the little clear plastic things that you can get at computer stop, but I just might do that.

Back