• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got my water cooling rig up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoKtEm

hey finnally got my water cooling rig up, the temps seem awfully high though... can anyone tell me how i'm doing?

Specs:
Athlon XP 2500+ barton (stock)
abit NF7-S 2.0
Maze 3
Ehiem 1250
chevette core

my case temperature is 32 degrees (So hot these days =( ) and my idle temperature is 43... load temperature is around 49. I couldn't overclock it much it just sort of crashes, especially when I up the voltage =( any ideas?

btw. I tightened the springs down all the way till you can tighten down anymore so they should be perfectly flat since the springs were all the same size

I have a abit nf7-1.2. I have the ocpc atlantis block, abyss rad with 2x 5volt fans. My load temp with a tbred a 2100xp clocked to 1910at 1.75v's, is 51 degrees.

I to at first thought this was high, but I think the MB plays a lot in this. First of all abit have just released a bios that reduces the displayed temp by 10 degrees. Also the board uses a diode under the cpu, I found that when you have no airflow around that area with water cooling it heats up. I dropped about another 5 degrees by blowing air around the cpu socket.

So I would hazzard a guess and say my actual load temp is in the high 30's.

Which BIOS are you running? Your ABIT has several issues regarding temp sensors being off & the latest BIOS allows HLT Commands to reach full idle state. That means you have 3 possible readings that can make things more difficult to determine your temps because of BIOS revision;
  1. Reads to high
  2. Reads just right
  3. Reads cool because of CPU Disconnect
Seating issues with you waterblock & the mounting system would be a bit difficult to mess up but still warrants a look see just so that you know. Are you reading On Die or Thermistor? What is the room temp?

my nf7-s doesn't even boot up when the block isn't seated just perfectly... I have the latest bios revision (1.4), maybe I should clean out the water? there's no kinks or anything in the hose it's all pretty roundish. I don't think there's anything wrong with the temp reading though because I can't raise the voltage at all

thanks for all the responses

Have you cleaned out your heatercore? If its clogged, this could be a cause for some major problems. But I'd lean towards the block not being seated properly. Seating a block right really is quite difficult, and needs a lot more care than often meets the eye. Make sure that all your washers are touching the motherboard evenly. You may even have a leak that you don't realize exists. This is what happened to me when I first got my watercooling set up, and I didn't notice it for over a week, because it was so small; yet it was enough to let enough air in to give miserable temps.

my waterblock is just seated as tight as it can possibly get, so it should be theoretically perfectly flat

how do I unclog my heatercore? I've shaken it up a couple of times to make sure there's no more air in it, there might be a leak.. anyway to test?

ok I relapped my maze3, and also added in some new water (well not new.. mixed distill/waterwetter mixture that's been sitting in a bottle for a couple months now, unused though), my temps went down to a bit.. but only because my case temps went down too =( now it's at around 40~43..

no shim here, but now that my room temperature is a lil cooler it's running from 35~39. So that's okay temperatures I guess

yeah it's fully bled =( i upped the voltage to 1.75 now, full load it's 49 degrees celsius.. I guess it's okay, it is really hot here during the summer

Back