• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RGA+ Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oneiron

I have twoquestions regarding the temperature readings of the Epox 8RGA+

1. Is the CPU sensor reading the temps correctly? I'm running with a watercooled rig from Asetek named Waterchill on an AMD XP3000+, and my full load temp during Prime is 49C (this is with the CPU running stock). I think this is a bit much.

2. When installing MBM I find three temp sensors... I know two of them are for the CPU and chipset, but what about the last one? (maybe case temp?)

thanks!

Your CPU temp seems a bit high for the watercooled setup, what temperature BIOS shows?
Third sensor is not connected to anything and on my motherboard it shows really weird temperatures in range from 15° to 46°, somehow depending from the CPU fan speed.

That could be a bit high. My 8RGA+ is showing 39-40C load with a case temp of 30-31C. Its a 2600+ with an SLK800-U and 50CFM 80mm fan. Maybe you should check your system, thats a bit high for water.

And I think there are only two sensors on this board, unless it can read the diode, which I haven't heard.

-Rav

Back