• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT4-Ultra PCI/AGP divider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pliu18

Registered
Does anyone know how to lock the PCI and AGP on the KT4-Ultra. i am using bios 1.3, in it it just had PCI and AGP speed set to auto, is there anyway to change that for overclocking? would upgrading to bios 1.4 solve the problem?

my system includes:
2100+
512 kingston
9500 64mb
Kt4 ultra.

As far as I know, there is no lock for the PCI and AGP on that board. The new BIOS will not give you that option either.

penetrecion said:
As far as I know, there is no lock for the PCI and AGP on that board. The new BIOS will not give you that option either.

then how do people normally overclock with the kt4-ultra then? i just want to push my 2100 to 145-150 then i will be very happy.

I got to 146 FSB with the setup i have in my sig.....tryed 147 and it locked up......pretty much all i did wuz try to get it as cool as possible......i'm gonna be adding sum more fans and holes to my case, to try to get to 150.......stupid summer and southern cali weather.....worst O/Cing season of the year!

sumwut_damaged said:
I got to 146 FSB with the setup i have in my sig.....tryed 147 and it locked up......pretty much all i did wuz try to get it as cool as possible......i'm gonna be adding sum more fans and holes to my case, to try to get to 150.......stupid summer and southern cali weather.....worst O/Cing season of the year!

i did have my up to 145-150 before with a ati 9100 but when i put the 9500 things lock up as soon as i start a game or 3dmark. so i guess the most important thing is the agp lock. well i might give up with amd, my intel setup gave me primo results.

I am not sure about the chip you have but it may be the CPU will not go much further than that... I had a 2000+ Palamino and they don't overclock well... I got about 165x11 before it would go unstable.

Also, at 146 or so FSB you are still running the 1/4 divider which puts your PCI, IDE and AGP around 37 MHz which will create the crashes... the 1/5 divider kicks in around 150 to 152 FSB (may be slightly different for different boards) which will put your PCI and all back into spec and lessen the possibilities of crashing.

If you can hit 145 FSB then you may be capable of going to near 166 FSB if you use a lower multiplier... unless you have slow RAM... which could be the problem to begin with.

The tbred 2100+'s multi is factory-unlocked, yes.

If you want to o/c a KT4, just remember to go over 166... the board has no problems there, since the 1/5 divider kicks in. (actually, it kicks in a bit lower, but my point is that it's completely stable at that speed) Right now I'm at 185, but I've done 189 without any problems. You probably wouldn't want such a high PCI clock at that speed, though (185/5 = 37) with a Radeon, since they don't seem to handle high AGP clocks too well, so you might want to just stick to 166.

Back