• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One small step for liquid cooling, one giant leap for overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andres

I'm interested in buying a ThermalTake AquariusII Liquid Cooling System. But before i buy this, i wanna know everything about it. If anyone out there knows anything about this kit, please let me know. Thank you!

Aaaaaand the opinions are off! I'll start off with MY personal opinion of this piece o kay-rap...

I bought one SIMPLY for the sake of a silent-pc. The pump stopped working about 4 hours later and burned up a barton 2800. This was when the 2800 was pretty expensive. It took a long time for me to get over my burning hatred for ThermalTake. The blue light kept shining through the pump, but no pumpee. Water did not move. It was nice and quiet though =p.

Now... the GENERAL opinion on this thing is even better. Looking past MY personal failure story, you'll get soooo many bad comments on it you'll possibly swear off water cooling in general. Pump sucks, resevoir sucks, water block sucks, radiator is *decent*, lines are too small etc etc. The *backup* resevoir is slightly thicker than Zip-Lock baggies. It looks like a mild wind could put cracks in the thing. Seriously... the average Mountain Dew plastic bottle would work better.

And THEN there is the idea of overclocking... The thing barely keeps up with a *decent* air-heatsink. You could get the same quality of cooling from a $10 heatsink. NO reason to spend $100+ on something this worthless. And the 'silent' PC excuse isn't even justifiable... $100 could buy you 3 or 4 different Air-Heatsinks that would cool better and be just as quiet.

Cliff notes:
WORST COOLER EVER

Basically vonkaar sumed it up well.

be-cooling has a decent set-up for $130, though......

Never had one but don't understand the reasoning to buying a water cooling kit.

For the same money you can get *real* parts and put them in a bundle at any good WC site and have 2X the cooling capacity and preformance of most of the "kits" out there...

IMHO the "Kiddy-Kits" would have been perfect 3 years ago with a coppermine PIII. Nothing more.

FYI you still do all the assembly in most "kits". The only you leave out is possibly buying a heater core and changing the barbs... It should be noted that doing that can be avoided also.

Yeah, building your own you can leave options open for upgrades later and not get stuck with small tubing / pump ect. It is not hard to put together a good system for under $150, but if you want something that it going to give you agressive air performance without the noise and relatively little set up time then this might be what you're looking for.

Not a good system. Performs as well (if not worse.) as a midrange air cooling system

And the cheezy thread name.... oi.

Back