• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fourth A7N8X RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

Friday i received my 4 RMA for this boards. Everytime i get it it has another problem. As i reintalled the board to my pc and turned it on for the first time i gave me a long beep with another small one. I cheked everything to be attached correctly and nothing. Then i tooked the AGP card and installed an PCI nad booted. Got into windows ok. I had a problem that my router didnt got the MAc from my card so i needed to reboot. After reboot windows wouldnt boot. It send me an error that the System file was missing. Yas i was OC but had the bus locked at 66Mhz. I syd " what he hell lets reinstall windows". At 20% of the instalation it start sending me errors of files missing in my windows CD. i Used 2 copies and the same problem.

So why i having so much trouble with this board. Should i DEMAND Asus?

All the help i apreciated.

So why i having so much trouble with this board.

Cause it is a Way overpriced, Way over rated POS.....

When it came out i thought it was the neatest thing since sliced bread. Then i got one.....mistake

board sux, i wish i had bought the 8rda+ or the abit nforce2....

you're not alone though, many ppl have had to rma their board 2,3, even 4 times like yourself

is it posible for you to get your money back?? if you bought it from a computer store tell them(they prolly know) about all the rmas, all the trouble and waste of time, tell them to give you your money back or exchange the board for the cheaper but better 8rda+

pretty much everyday i see die hard asus fans switch to the abit or epox just because of this damn board.....

i don't believe the bs reviews that are out there... they all get kick backs from asus...

Yes these things are overall junk. For the amount of money the thing costs, plus all the RMA nightmares, you would think you get some insane performance. But... you don't. The Abit is so much better AND its cheaper too. Get rid of the ASUS in any way you can, and buy the new Epox 8RDA3+. I wish I had the cash to do it.

yes, i just had my 3rd die too. Asus, you just screwed yourself up the *** with a rusty chainsaw. I will never buy Asus again.

Anyhoo, what's this about hitting the power a bunch, clash? Just turn it on and keep hitting the button? I will try anything now. Abit, here I come (as soon as I get enough dough)! Or should I wait and see if I get a rev2? Are they better (in terms of not dying)? If not I'll just wait for the new Abit nForce3 to come out.

Crap. im gonna go plead with this pos some more...new PSU?....grumble.....

No, what worked for me sometimes when the thing would not post is, turn power on, no post, turn power off, turn power on, no post, turn power off. For some reason, sooner or later, it would post at default setting of 100 FSB. But at least it would post...

flakey

Yeh, i rly regret getting an asus board. First it was a seriously old revision and now i update to 1004 and im possitive its incompatible and that the flashing part of the mobo is fried. And the jerk i got the board from is beign just that, a jerk....

And i heard so many good things about asus too....

a good thing to do when you get this board is to replace the lithium battery, it's cheap to do and you should just do it...

they were sending boards out with bad lithium batteries early on in the year.....

Could the crappy batteries be causing all this trouble? i mean, bootup errors and such. If that is the case replacing it would be easy.

I've also had mine for several months with no problems. I dont get all the hub bub. It makes you wonder when someone repeatedly blows up boards. Is it the board or is the user doing something wrong unintentionally. Or is there some weird incompatability with some hardware. Eitherway I've had no issues with mine.

Sink

When I was testing the OC limits of my combo, several times I went over the limit to the point where I would only get a blank screen after pressing the power button. By just turning off the main switch on the back of the psu (or unplugging the power cord), and htting the front power button, the system will power on for a split second and then cut off (draining the capacitors in the psu). Then I flip the main psu switch in that back on again and it will boot into safe mode (100x11). Has worked every time for me.

Yeah when I push my crummy Palomino too far it sometimes won't play until a complete shutdown and reboot is performed, not just a flip of the ATX power switch. It just says "CPU failed due to overclocking" if it didn't reset itself

deadzone said:
Friday i received my 4 RMA for this boards. Everytime i get it it has another problem. As i reintalled the board to my pc and turned it on for the first time i gave me a long beep with another small one. I cheked everything to be attached correctly and nothing. Then i tooked the AGP card and installed an PCI nad booted. Got into windows ok. I had a problem that my router didnt got the MAc from my card so i needed to reboot. After reboot windows wouldnt boot. It send me an error that the System file was missing. Yas i was OC but had the bus locked at 66Mhz. I syd " what he hell lets reinstall windows". At 20% of the instalation it start sending me errors of files missing in my windows CD. i Used 2 copies and the same problem.

So why i having so much trouble with this board. Should i DEMAND Asus?

All the help i apreciated.
Had the same problem today and as soon as I set it back to default clock all the probs went away. I loaded the OS and when everything was right I did the Overclocking thing. Do not install the OS while overclocked.

Hard to believe someone would overclock thier system before installing an OS. I thought it was common sense to get your machine up and running 100% with the OS and all updated drivers or service packs before you started any overclocking.
:-/ Hhhhmmm......Maybe thats one reason Ive never had any any major parts failures. I figure it cant be luck, cause luck I don't have, and all I hear lately is how this product is a POS, and that product is Sh**. I own several of the products some people are always complaining aboutand have had no problems. MAN I MUST BE LUCKY.
Reading this back it may sound a 'lil harsh, not trying to bash anyone. Sorry if I offend someone. But opinions are like a**holes, everyones got one and this is mine.

Sink

I love my Asus. It has never given me a problem and it gives me stability OCing an XP1700 B to 2.1 ghz.

Every manufacturer has problems of one or another with a board. usually its due to bad batches, this being the case it is more likely to get another bad board from the same place you purchased it from if they have a number of boards from one bad batch.

Friend of mine just RMAed his A7N8X 2.0 board cause it either died or wouldnt flash. However Newegg being where he got it was more than happy to send him a new board. They even paid for the overnight shipping. Cant beat Neweggs customer service.

One other thing I will put out there, some places tend to do MB work on their own. This is why I always cross ship when I can. It asures me that I am not getting the same board back that had problems.

If you do RMA a board put some kind of small mark on it which you can find, this will tell you if they are just working on your board and sending the same one back to you.

There's one reason you aren't having any problems. You aren't trying to push the thing...

It's a fine board if you aren't into serious overclocking...

Back