• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games randomly quit!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usp8riot

I have an XP 2800 Barton overclocked to 12.5x190=2,375 w/ Vcore at 1.8v w/SLK-900 HS and 92mm 52cfm enermax fan and while in the middle of some games, the games just randomly quit sometimes even without errors. My Asus Probe CPU temp is around 41 degrees C and mobo temps around 35 and the BIOS even registers less than that. I have my memory (1 gig Kingston PC3200/400 value ram) overclocked to "optimal" and the volts up one notch from default, video card is overclocked at 320/620 (Asus Gforce 4 ti4800SE) and voltage is one above default and a few other slight vidcard tweaks in the BIOS. It doesn't do it, I don't think, on heavily intensive CPU games such as Morrowwind w/ the res. 1600x1200 but any of the faster games like Tony Hawk 4, Unreal Tournament '03, and so on where the graphics card has to do alot of video processing. I'm sorta new to oc'ing so I just wanted some opinions from the pros. Is it the video card oc'ing or card voltage, memory oc'ing or memory voltage, or CPU overclocking or CPU voltage. I think that pretty much covers the choices. Any help will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have the 1005 BIOS w/ SATA enhanced and 120 Gig 7200rpm 8 mb cache Seagate SATA HDD and a7n8x dx rev. 2 mobo. And my volts are all registering OK in ASUS probe. The only one below what it should be is the +5v which is 4.945 v. I have a 350 Powerup PSU, it came w/ the case so I didn't have a choice, and 4 drives including cd/dvd/hdd/floppy, and all in all, 7 fans in the case, 3 LED's, 1 102 mm in the front, 92mm on the CPU, and the rest are 80, and one black light in it. Is that too much of a load?

Last edited:
up your voltage slowly and see if that helps, if not up vdimm also...if neither work, back down your oc til your rig is stable....

I thought I had everything stable on my system, but Battlefield 1942 kept crashing the machine. I upped the AGP voltage by 0.1V and that seems to have solved my problems. Give it a shot.

Thanks. I'm not sure exactlly what it was but I upped the voltage of the CPU, Memory, and Video card one notch in BIOS and that seemed to have solved it. I just have the regular Asus 1005 BIOS, not the Uber BIOS and the memory and GPU volts are maxed. I assume these are safe volts that won't necessarily reduce the lifetime of the memory and GPU by much, right? Am I being to liberal with the voltages though? Should I try to lower the voltage just enough for stability or will even .1 of a volt not hurt much of anything? My temps now are 41CPU/33mobo just shortly after running BurnInTest. Or to put it bluntly, does anyone know or have a link that does all the math on the relation of CPU cycles/volts and how they affect the lifetime of the component? I know it's alotta questions but I'm just learning and my mind is like a sponge when it comes to oc'ing info. Can't get enough of it.

Back