• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to disable the Soundstorm sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

usp8riot

Nothing against it but it crackles every once in a while and the guy I bought the mobo from said I needed a sound card because the onboard sound isn't that good, he was wrong. So I bought a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and since I paid for it I figure I might as well use it. The Soundstorm sound is just as good as Audigy 2 from what I can tell but crackles or pops every once in awhile so I thought I'd just make use of the Audigy 2 and just run one to take up less system resources. But anyways, is there a way to disable all of Soundstorm?

Supposedly, nvidia is addressing the "crackle and pop" issues in the next driver release. Not sure how long till that happens though.

Hmm.. glad to know other people have this problem too. I've had the crackling a few times in Battlefield 1942 and was starting to think it was a hardware problem surfacing. Glad to know it's just a driver issue. Now I gotta wait :(

Edit: I'm getting this on an Abit board but same chipset.

goto device manager/computer change acpi to 'advanced config and power interface(acpi) pc'

^^ this solves 99% of crackling issues...

also put a small heatsink on sb

Back