• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Upgrade list. Input please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaos Snake

It looks like i'm going to be able to upgrade some of the stuff in my rig. Please let me know if you are running the same stuff and what your results are or if you had any conflicts.

Abit NF7 v2.0

eather a XP1700+ DLT3C JIUHB 0310 or XP2100+ DUT3C AIUHB 0250 (I have both and i'm going to see which runs better)

Buffalo Technology 512MB PC3200 DDR CL 2.5 (Winbond Module) not shure if i'm going to go 2x256 or 1x512 yet

Fortron- P530XF530W Power Supply

Maxtor 60gig

Aopen Geforce4 TI4200 128MB

Watercooling so i need to know if this board has the 4 mounting holes on it

I think thats it any input would be a help.

Abit NF7 v2.0

Since I don't see any mention of a sound card you should get the NF7-S to get soundstorm.

Either a XP1700+ DLT3C JIUHB 0310 or XP2100+ DUT3C AIUHB 0250 (I have both and i'm going to see which runs better)

Ok, what are you going to do with the other one ?

Buffalo Technology 512MB PC3200 DDR CL 2.5 (Winbond Module) not shure if i'm going to go 2x256 or 1x512 yet.

You might want to get some CL2. 1x512 is better if you want to go at more than DDR400 otherwise, 2x256 is faster. I personally like my Corsair XMS. But since prices have dropped, I would get Corsair XMS LL...

Fortron- P530XF530W Power Supply

I'm an Antec fan but that should do it. :D

Maxtor 60gig

Get a Western Digital instead...

Aopen Geforce4 TI4200 128MB

Aopen ?! I hope it's for the price ! Anyway most Geforce4 Ti are pretty much the same...

Watercooling so i need to know if this board has the 4 mounting holes on it

I think thats it any input would be a help.

I hope you're not getting some crappy kit ! For more info on watercooling, I recommend the watercooling section of the forum.

Thanks for the input The Blazer. I thought about the NF7-S but the sound on my Soyo dragon is fine for me so I guessed that the onboard on the NF7 would be good for me. For the hard drive, video, and cooling setup I have thoes already. The RAM and the PS I'm looking at buying soon and chose them cause they look like they have good raiting and a bit cheeper prices. I was wondering if anyone have used that PS-MoBo-RAM combo or anything close to it and how it worked out for them, I'd hate to drop the cash on everything and find out that the NF7 hates running Buffalo RAM. As for what i plan on doing with my spare CPU, lol I have no idea yet.

It seems I was wrong about the NF7 having no soundstorm (can anyone confirm that Abit's web site is right ?). SoundStorm is really worth it, it's at LEAST as good as a SBLive!.

The only (quality) RAM that the NF7(-S) doesn't like (to my knowlegde) is Kingston Hyper-X (normal kingston is fine). You should search the forum if you decide to stick with Buffalo.

Still, I would really get some CL2, DDR RAM so cheap right now !

I doubt you need 530W with your setup (it wouldn't hurt your computer, just the wallet...).

The NF7-S has the Serial ATA controler, it work in RAID and normal mode.

Back