• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans for 9500pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bashar

Hello all

And before you say do a search, this has been asked before... I did and read a crap load of threads but did not really find what I needed.

I have 2 computers and I just got a ATI 9500pro to replace my GF3 ti200, the GF3 is going in my 2 computer. On my GF3 ti200 I have a Crstal Orb Orb link and it works well. I just bought the Iceberq4 kit for my 9500pro Ice link and I am going to install it tonight. After looking at the data for the 2 fans, it looks like the TT would be better on the 9500pro. The TT has alot better air-flow but takes more voltage to run it. Also the TT is made of copper with nickel plating and the Ice4 is just copper ( I have no clue if one is better then the other). If the TT does work better on the 9500pro, would it be worth my time to take it off the GF3?

i think its sucide taking of the crystal orb off and sticking it onto the 9500, because it doesnt take a lot off heat off of the 9500 pro. but the ice berq 4 will handle the heat the 9500 pro is giving off it even says at the web site that the crystal orb is only for gf3 gf4 mx & gf2, the ice berq 4 says recommaned for 9500 pro

Thanks.... I did put the Ice4 on the 9500pro and all went well. I do have 2 things I was wondering.

1- The fan has a 3 hole plug, the card only has 2. I have close by on the mobo, a system fan plug that it will fit. Or I can use the adaptor that plugs it into one of the case power connectors. Is one better to use then the other?

2- It comes with 4 heatsinks for the ram. The ram is on both side of the card. I put them on the back of the card, if I put them on the font it would block the power connection. Do these really do anything? and I see all the pic have them on bothsides, will just one side do anything at all?

I have just installed my 9500 pro and plugged the iceberg power connector into the motherboard...it is running at about 5500rpm....just under the 6000rpm specs. I am using the chassis fan power connector on my mobo (nf7-s) that I hadn't used yet.

I am not sure if there is any power difference in using the adaptor that came with the iceberg4 or plugging it into the mobo but at this stage there doesn't seem to be any detrimental affects.

As for the heatsinks...keeping things even is the best bet but I don't see any harm in having just the one side cooled....worry about it when you start o/c the 9500. You can always cut up the heat sink that was on the 9500 before you replaced it with the iceberg4 and put them on the 4 that you are missing...just a suggestion.

I personally haven't worried about the heatsinks yet...not overclocking it until I am sure everything else is stable in my system.

khagan is correct there should be no difference using the mobo connector vs using a molex connector and adapter. As far as the ram sinks go I'd reccomend putting them on the back of the card as the front would have higher airflow anyhow, due to the upgraded core cooling. plus the copper ramsinks look very nice. Ram sinks aren't really shown to provide much in the way of improvement performance unless a volt mod is implemented but you might get 2-5mhz more on the ram clocks.

Thanks for the info............. It has been about 3 months since I made this thread :)

My card runs fine for the past 3 month hooked to the mobo :)

And I got some heatsinks on the back so thats all done :)

NeoComputers.com

...you might want to look into when they stop making these. I bought mine about a month ago 'cause I heard that they were not making them anymore....could be wrong but I wasn't willing to miss getting my 9500. :)

Back