• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

International Shipping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdperson

Hello.

Does anyone know of a good online computer shop that has very good international shipping costs. I was just at pc mods but they want 2 charge me $250 for products totaling $105.

Thats not a price im prepared to pay.

by computer shops i mean sites that sell computer parts, fans hfs modding stuff etc etc.

any help would be GREAT!!

If you are friendly with anyone here, that you find trustworthy, you might be better off doing the transaction through them. In other words, do the deal, have it shipped to them, and then have them ship it to you. Certainly worth a try.

Tell me what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do/come up with (Can't and won't make any promises as of yet).

That seems like a rip off, but then again the US tax system is most likely a bit different, all I know is that when you order something in the EU and ship it to somewhere outside the EU you can buy tax free.

I've ordered several things in Germany and shipping isn't more expensive as shipping within the Netherlands (of course this is ground shipping and Germany is real close), but you can find stuff a lot cheaper.
Example:
MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 128MB (GeForce4 Ti4200-8X ViVo):
In The Netherlands: BULK!!!!!! €145 + €16!!! (cheapest I could find that have them in stock, I've seen it for €135 (OEM) and ~€10 for shipping).
In Germany: RETAIL!!!! €121.87 + €12 (COD) or €7 up front (bank transfer in Germany is €5.10, so it's more expensive as COD...unless you have a bank account in Germany, bank transfer from the Netherlands to Germany is €10 or more).

stool, there's a problem with your method...import/export duties...unless it's send as a gift (smuggling:rolleyes: ).

I recently used the USPS to ship some SCSI adapters to a guy in Sweden, completely legitimate, items declared on Customs form. Actual shipping cost on my part was about $15.00(US). What Duties or VAT he paid on his end I really don't know. My point being that this could end up with a vastly lower shipping cost than quoted by PC MOds.

Back