• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How common is the BIOS problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rav

I keep reading comments about how people borked their BIOS with an 8RDA or 8RGA. How common is this problem anyway? I'm done burning in my new 8RGA+ but now I'm afraid to overclock it. Its one of our office machines and I can't afford to have it just drop dead. Its got pretty good cooling and some small heatsinks on mosfets and other components. Stock NB heatsink with AS3 and a side fan. I had high hopes for it until now. Thanks for any comments.

-Rav

Except from my temperatures which I think is wrong, I'm very pleased with the board (8RGA+).
I have been burning it in for a few days now, and tried OC'ing it for the first time last night... got a 213Mhz FSB with a multiplier of 11. :D
I'll continue playing with the board as I get home tonight, and I think you should play with you'rs as well. :)

Back