• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Rev 1.2 vs. 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rommelrommel

I'm in Canada, and after tax and such it will cost me roughly $200 CAD for a Rev 2.0...

Now I can pick up a used 1.2 for maybe 40-50 less, would you guys do it or not? The owner of it has had it to 200 but not beyond.

I'm looking for real high FSB mainly...

What do you all think?

If you want to go past 200fsb, the v2 is your best bet. The 1.2 is no slouch but the v2 has the newest NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 NB. The 1.2 doesn't.

You may want to try here: http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.cfm?loc=iview&if=n&vID=147012

It doesn't say if it is rev 2.0 or not, but if you ask on their forum they will answer quite quickly. BTW, I would recommend buying your stuff from Vibe, if you like buying stuff off the net. They are the best Canadian currency site I have come across. Great service, good pricing (they price match as well), and good selection.

rommelrommel said:
I'm in Canada, and after tax and such it will cost me roughly $200 CAD for a Rev 2.0...

Now I can pick up a used 1.2 for maybe 40-50 less, would you guys do it or not? The owner of it has had it to 200 but not beyond.

I'm looking for real high FSB mainly...

What do you all think?
If you push the Vdd, those boards(rev1.0, 1.1, 1.2) will do well for ya. When I say push, I mean "Push". Have your Vdd mod ready. These boards also gain good stability if the its voltage is being fed like a pig. Yes, you sure better cool those chipsets plenty.

Back