• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU recognition by bios... question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hawkeye_wx

I have an Abit NF7-S v2.0, bios 14, and I'm running a TBred B 1700+. When the cpu is at default speed(1466MHz) the bios correctly recognizes the cpu as a 1700+. However, when I increase the multiplier to make the cpu 2000+, 2200+, and 2400+, the bios recognizes the cpu by its MHz and not the usual + rating. Normally I wouldn't find that odd, but other people who post in the forums seem to still get the + rating when they overclock their TBreds. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

You have another choice when overclocking asides from setting the CPU OPERATING SPEED = MANUAL & then setting the multiplier which is by selecting the preset values. That should enable you to see the Performance Rating at P.O.S.T. When using WCPUID or CPU-Z with standard FSB settings, 100|133|166, Performance Rating will be available too.

If you mean people like me that display a model number (a performance rating is actually a Cyrix thing) equivalent in their sig, no I don't think it's possible. I never got one at with my FSB 400 MHz even if they are Barton that can run with this FSB...

It's an estimate, SiSoft Sandra can provide you with a model number equivalent or you can simply compare you clock speed with the list of available AMD processors and check for the equivalent...

Back