• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax or Noiseblocker fan ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YviE

Hey Hey

I'm looking for a new 92mm fan that will go on my WC rad.
Which of the above-mentionned fans would be the most suitable.

They both do about 40 CFM, but the enermax is up to 5€ cheaper (10€) than the noiseblocker.

I was thinking about that, but a 120mm will be just a bit larger than the rad. It'll be noisier too i guess.

YviE said:
I was thinking about that, but a 120mm will be just a bit larger than the rad. It'll be noisier too i guess.

You should be using a shroud anyway, so you could be ok....

YviE said:
Is a schroud really that important?

You really should use one.

You get better aiirflow that way as the dead zone above the fan is eliminated using a shroud (i.e. air flows through all of the radiator, therefore less air resistance).

mmm....my rad really is NOT very impressive. It comes from a lil motorcycle.

I'm not sure if it's going to be any good at all.
Testing will reveal it :)

i'm gonna see if i got a pic, if so i'll post it!

YviE said:
Hey Cjwinnit,
i posted the pick in my other thread !

Gotcha.

Wow, that's a lot of pipes going in and out of the radiator. Which ones will you use?

Well, the left side only has one outlet, the 2 little ones aren't outlets. So i'll be using the big one at the bottom.

Then the right does have 2 outlets. i'll be using the one on the upper right side. I have closed the other one.

I really don't know if it's going to cool the water properly.

Do you think it has potential?

YviE said:
Do you think it has potential?

Looks adequate for what you want to do. Give it a shot and see how it performs. Don't knock it until you have tried it, it could be good...

Back