• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which NF7 is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It depends on what you want. If you do not have the best sound card then the NF7-S is the best because it offers soundstorm which is pretty close to what the Audigy2 chips are offering. The NF7-M gives you onboard video, that is in the GeForce4 MX quality, and the regular NF7 will give you the performance of the others, without all the little bells and whistles.
Good luck
;)

I have a SBLIVE 5.1 XGAMER, should i get the S just for the better quality?I mean, it IS a 21 dollar price difference...

Tacoman667 said:
I have a SBLIVE 5.1 XGAMER, should i get the S just for the better quality?I mean, it IS a 21 dollar price difference...

Assuming you get the same revision of motherboard, both versions should have the same "quality" and overclock and perform similarly. The differnce is in the features. With the S you get Soundstorm, Ethernet, Firewire, Raid? and some other greatly useful features.

In terms of performance, SoundStorm is arguably faster than a SoundBlasto card in games and such. (Tom's Hardware did a CPU utilization test for AMD mobos, and the NForce with soundstorm beat the Audigy as I recall)

Also, keep in mind that if you get the S version you can always disable onboard componets if you get your own.

Back