• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top of water block condensation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

After a little while I can see some condensation forming on the top of my maze3 water block (It has the plexy top). In my last setup it didn't matter becuase of how it was handled. But for the setup I am doing soon here what should I do? Smear grease on the top? (no air = no condensation right? or should I apply silicone to the top? (I would rather not) Or should I cut some insulation tape to fit the top correctly?

Why not overclock it some more? That'll up the temps and get rid of condensation! :D

Why not overclock it some more? That'll up the temps and get rid of condensation!

If its gettin cold enough to condnese like, no amount of oc will put it above ambient.

I covered my waterblokc with neoprene guled with silicone. Works like a charm.

Ya my water is at -20c so only after several days would it get to ambient temps and I dont have it on over night so it is usually way below ambient. I'll try that neoprene. thx

Ok, perhaps I'll try the amaraflex. My tubing is insulated, quite good I might add :D . I use amaraflx on other parts and was gona try it on the top but I just wanted to make sure. ok thx

what did you insulate your tubing with? i'm especially intruiged because it's insulated *so well* =)

CamH said:
Why not overclock it some more? That'll up the temps and get rid of condensation! :D
ahhh HA HA HA HA HA funny.

lol.....

LtBlue14 said:
what did you insulate your tubing with? i'm especially intruiged because it's insulated *so well* =)

Insu_Foam.png

i use insulation foams that are pre-made for your hoses. Have them for different sizes. can be purchased for 75 ~ 95 cents per piece 6' long.

Last edited:
I remember seening a picture of a nercromancer somewhere? :D...Well I have been using my trusty fan for a last what? 2 months. I will get back into chillerwater cooling again somday. That is exactly that stuff I used to insulate my tubes. For the most part. Heres a pic:
WB.jpg

:D ehehehe well it goes like this. When a junky TT part dies (A crystal orb died after 2 months) I took the top part off. I have this pencil sharpner that over heats when trying to sharpen a box of new pencils (we seem to go through a lot of pencils) Before I would have to let it cool (stick it in the freezer) after about 10 pencils. But now that I opend the hole above the motor and put the orb grill on it, it runs smooth and no overheating. I heated the grill up with my gas stove and then stuck it on top and the little ends melted into the plastic. Just a fun and usfull mod. Next: overclocking the pencil sharpner :D

My setup failed in the end. With -20c water at boot the condensation came through the insulation tape!!! Enough for me to watch it drip on to my dads video card!!! But after an alcohol bath it was fine. I think I need to make an air tight box for the water block, coat the mobo with liquid electrical tape, and patience. The next time I get into chiller cooling that is....someday. Where is a guide on coating the mobo in the liquide tape? I have heard of many people doing it so wheres a guide?

I love the window I put in. The case has served me well but it has several flaws of course. I just love somthing I can take a dremal to, paint it black and it still looks good, imho. I recently put a blow hole in the top. I love my ambient temps :D 21c, this AC unit really helped my room alot.

Back