• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AMD motherboard?? Money is not an issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SinsFeelNatural

Okay here's the scoop, my board went bad. I took it back to frys, the manager got in my face, told me that board was never listed as sold. Gave me a bunch of crap so I called the main office and spoke to the regional manager and he told me that I could take my mobo back and pick out anyone one that I want.

whets the best board and chipset out for an AMD 2200+ and PC2700 Memory? money is not an option because they are gonna give me an exchange for my one in my sig.

I heard good things about N Force 2 boards

<***** mode>
Arrgggg. Why are there always hundreds of redundant "what is the best this", or "this vs. that", or "give me a list of the n best products in such and such a catagory and a detailed 25 page report on why each products features"?

Please use Google, read the forums, one of the many hardware review sites, and visit the manufactures website, so that you can form your own opinion. After you have exhausted all of these options, and only then, should you make a post.

And when you do make a post please provide some detail so that people can provide you with better suggestions instead of just taking a crap-shot. Simply asking "what is the best insert-product-category-here" is not helpful to you because the word "best" is relative and you haven't provide us with the features and options that would qualify a product as "best" for your needs.
</***** mode >

Obligatory disclaimer: In no way do I intend the above ***** to be a personal attack on anyone. Rather, it is only the observations and opions of one person (mainly myself ;) ). Furthermore, although the language may at first glance seem condescending and supercilious, the intent of the ***** should not be constued as such. One should think of it as constructive critiscism.

Anyway, since I'm here I might as well attempt to answer your question. :D If you would like a full featured board for mild to medium intensity overclocking I would recommend the Asus A7N8X delux. This board overclocks well with lowvoltage chips such as Bartons and T-Breds. If you just want to overclock get the Abit NF7-S. It has lots of features and overclocks great. I have one. Many people are also partial to Epox, or MSI.

Last edited:
SinsFeelNatural said:

Constructive criticism my ***. If everyone looked at every other forum and every manufacturer site how many post would we have here? Zero. [/url]

I'm not saying that you or anybody should look at every forum and website. I was just ranting that people (yes that's plural) often post without looking around to see if their question has been answered in part elsewhere, and then post with details pertaining to any remaining question.

I reread my original post and realized that it might be inappropriate in this context, and too far off topic.

SinsFeelNatural:
If you'd like I will edit out the rant from the post.

I have an NF7-S coming on the way from New Egg. I've read a lot about this board and even found an article comparing the NF7-S with the NF7-M. The main difference aside from the integrated video is that the M isn't using the 2.0 revision northbridge. It's using (I think) the older 1.2 rev that doesn't have the IGP400. This means not as high overclocks. The M is still a good board, but not as good as the S, which is unfortunate for you.

My second choice was the K7N2 Delta-ILSR, and third the latest revision of the Asus A7N8X.

The Grouch said:
<***** mode>
Arrgggg. Why are there always hundreds of redundant "what is the best this", or "this vs. that", or "give me a list of the n best products in such and such a catagory and a detailed 25 page report on why each products features"?

Please use Google, read the forums, one of the many hardware review sites, and visit the manufactures website, so that you can form your own opinion. After you have exhausted all of these options, and only then, should you make a post.

And when you do make a post please provide some detail so that people can provide you with better suggestions instead of just taking a crap-shot. Simply asking "what is the best insert-product-category-here" is not helpful to you because the word "best" is relative and you haven't provide us with the features and options that would qualify a product as "best" for your needs.
</***** mode >

If you want to ***** & complain do it in the right forum. Your disclaimer proves that you do not show respect for the thread starter or the rules of this forum. You were a noob once time & not nowing anything & required similar help be it in the forums or outside, *******g + disclaimer does not absolve you from anything. Gripes & Moans is the place for your post, edit it & then post it there.

SinsFeelNatural - Understand that the board you are leaning towards have BIOS Corruption issues, Non - Working SATA RAID Controller (even with PATA drives the RAID is useless), slow I/O performance & you will need to upgrade the NorthBridge Cooling & add SouthBridge Cooling if you want to overclock. Good Luck & make sure you research all the problems & not just go with the XXXXXX is the best:beer:

Sonny said:

SinsFeelNatural - Understand that the board you are leaning towards have BIOS Corruption issues, Non - Working SATA RAID Controller (even with PATA drives the RAID is useless), slow I/O performance & you will need to upgrade the NorthBridge Cooling & add SouthBridge Cooling if you want to overclock. Good Luck & make sure you research all the problems & not just go with the XXXXXX is the best:beer:

I just read a tom's hardware review on all nforce two boards. and the MSI K7N2-L took the lead. damn its a hard choice

Have u decided what u want on your board? If u a full featured board go ASUS. And it overclocks well. I see it as very good value with on the added peripherals. I don't own an AMD at the moment so this isn't a bias opinion.

SinsFeelNatural said:

I just read a tom's hardware review on all nforce two boards. and the MSI K7N2-L took the lead. damn its a hard choice

Lol, Tom's hardware...

I'd trust a cereal box more...

arabarabian said:
Get the nf7-s it is a very good board.

Thank You,
Daniel

Any qualifiers to that? Explanations?

From what I've heard, the NF7-S is probably the most overclockable board, and is slightly cheaper than the Asus. However the specifications for the two boards are nearly the same, but with the Asus being the better kitted out board with SD and Memory Stick readers and suchlike. They both have the mounting holes fo meaty heatsinks, both run the CPU off +12V and both have exactly the same chipset, but I think the Asus one is customised or something.

As for stability, I would rate from personal experience the Asus boards to be the best out of the lot in terms of in-OS stability, but there have been issues with multiple BIOS setting changes screwing up the code and corrupting the chip. Currently there are several PCB versions of the Asus and probably the Abit board out, go for the newest one, 2.0 which has the best support for 200MHz FSBs.

If money-no-object boards are your prime reason of choice, go for the Asus it's a whole $20 more expensive.

Back