• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermal resistance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PooP

Registered
can anybody please tell me what thermal resistance is? sandra says i have a high thermal resistance so that said what is normal? thanks

Thermal Resistance is the amount of heat that a heatsink (among other things, but with CPUs this is the main thing that we're concerened about with resistance) does not conduct. Aluminum has a higher thermal resistance than copper, making copper a better heatsink better for cooling.

As for Sandra saying something about thermal resistance, I think it may just be a cop-out answer for "I don't know and you should figure it out". What utility within Sandra says this?

Just FYI:
Click Here to calculate your heatsinks estimated thermal resistance (its pretty cool).

I hope this helps?

Think of thermal resistance as a resisting of the flow of heat. It is very simililar to running a voltage through a resistor.

Thank You,
Daniel

Back