• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShP1124

hi i have a 1800+ xp running stock speed and i had a thermaltake dragon orb 2 and my idle/load temps were really high around 43C/50C and the fan was really loud so i bought a new one and my put silver cooling compound on the cpu and my temps are still around 43C idle and 47C load i'm kind of a noob here is the fan i bought
http://www.nexfan.com/evcucoacofrs1.html
according to the review on this site the temps under load with this fan with a 1700+ xp are around 38-39 C why is mine so high? can someone help me?
email me [email protected] or post a reply thank you

maybe you didnt put enough thermal paste on or you didnt put it on right. try taking it out and put it back on to see if there is any tmep changes

Those temperatures are fine - nothing to get worried about. Look how hot i'm running.

hothothotsilent.gif

SK-7 with Panaflo L1A, ambient temps near 85°F.

Well, having the temp you desire depends on many things. First of all, make sure your HS is properly seated on the CPU and that you have applied the thermal compound properly. Then you have to make sure that you have adequate airflow within your case. Your system temps should be too much higher than your room temps if you have good airflow within your case. And last, but not least, what is your room temp. Room temperature plays a big part in your system and CPU temps, so if your room is low enough, then you should be able to have lower temps at stock speeds.

Nismo said:
maybe you didnt put enough thermal paste on or you didnt put it on right. try taking it out and put it back on to see if there is any tmep changes

!!! WRONG !!!

Sorry to be so rude about it, but this is one case where a 'helpful suggestion' really does pave the road to overheating. (Semi-pun intended.)

I have no doubts that most people use TOO MUCH thermal compound.

Back