• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SERIOUS HEAT Problems with my A7N8X DLX!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atari

Hey everyone,

I have a strange problem. My HD died about 3 days ago and I replaced it with a new one. I decided to do some cleaning inside my computer and everything is fine, I installed win2k ect.. without any problems. Unfortunatley i was in my bios to change a setting when I saw my CPU heat. It was Idleing at 70C! I felt the fans and even my heatsink and everything was pretty cool. Btw, I just recently upgraded to Bios 1004 so I dont know if its a bios temp reading error?? anyone know? Before I forget I'm running my XP2100+ @ 2330mhz. I have very good air cooling and my temps never went higher then 45C. I have an SLK-800 with tornado running. So I installed MBM and went to the Diode setting for sensor 1. That was reading the same Temps as the bios was! So I popped off my HS, inspected my chip, reapplied my AS3, and bam same problem it still is reading 60-70C! Can anyone tell me whats going on here? Is this just a Bios error?? Anyon else have this problem with the final 1004 bios?? My board revision is 1.04.. TY for any help!

This is just a BIOS messup. This happens frequently. I would just get a simple temperature reading and put it in between the heatsink and CPU die and use that instead of the motherboard sensor. As far as I know there is not really a way to fix this.

Thank You,
Daniel

Use a different BIOS maybe? try flashing the old one back and see if the temps are still the same, in that case it is most likely a bios issue.

im guessing its a bios issue...i might be wrong but dont many of the hardware monitoring programs for windows just read whats in the bios anyway and if your bios is messing up then you are not going to get an answer from a monitoring program...i might be wrong though.

Back