• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zipties are our friends.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beast Of Blight

Disabled
Weee

ziptie1.jpg

Just got a pack of 80mm fansfrom Captain Slug in the Classifieds, had no holes for them..Soo..Our friend Mr.Zippy came to the rescue!

The second one shows how I have both of them blowing air over my video card, Which has allowed me a 30Mhz boost in the stable OC of the core and RAM.

Forgive the poor pics, Cheap webcam is all I have >_<

[EDIT]

Well, fragging hell. second image got corrupted somehow, Frag it. Sorry all, I'll retake it tomarrow.

Zipties, 3M Duct Tape, coat hanger, cyanoacrylates, epoxies, and a roll of Alu Tape.

You can do anything...

Duct tape, zip ties, a knife and a pair of vise grips.

These are the Ultimate Emergency Tools.

For anything.

Car, house, computer, boat, airplane- it just doesn't matter!

That is a good way to get better video card cooling. You would think that one of these days they would flip the video cards over so that the GPU and RAM would get better cooling.

Thank You,
Daniel

I'll repost the second image, plus a few more on Thursday.

Pulling a double shift today, only home for a few hours to eat, nap and shower before I'm off again.

How's the noise factor?

Also my weapon of choice is zipties and postal tape. :D

No noise what so ever, Even with my TV, Radio and My room fan off, I can barely hear my computer at all.

Thats a combination of my 120mm Sunon, 80mm coolermaster HSF, and my two new 80mm fans that are pictured above, plus the PSU.

Lets just put it this way, if you just heard my computer.. you'd think it was water cooled, its that quiet.

I think that's going to be my main objective, to quiet my pc. It will be easily done by swapping the psu fan, and adding silent fans. :D

Actually on second thought. Don't use zipties against sharp objects. They will get cut LoL!

No, but if you've ever cut one under tension with a knife...

Nothing more than light pressure on a sharp object is all it takes! Weak plastic...

Back