• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RGA+ voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mogulman

Registered
I'm running 2250 on my 8RGA+, 205fsb x 11. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my board, my PSU, or if these are normal readings for Voltage. I'm using a pretty cheap Powmax 400watt power supply.

It seems like +5v and +12v are stable.. VDD is pretty good.

The things that concern me the most are:

It seems like vdd(set at 1.8) varies between 1.776 and 1.792..
Vcore (set at 1.7) varies between 1.632 and 1.664..Staying more at the 1.632 range...

Anyway...I noticed in the UDSM application that the voltages on the motherboard mostly look good, except a few of them...

Vbat reads almost constantly at 3.024, should this be 3.3v?
5VSB reads almost constantly at 4.848. Is this within spec?

-5v varies between -5.6 and -5.9....

Anyway..Here is something from the log:
Vdd:1792, VCore:1664, Vdimm:2560, +5V:5053, +12V:12038, Vagp:1504, -5V:5702, Vbat:3024, 5VSB:4848

Also..when running Motherboard monitor, there is a -12v that reads -7v.

Are these readings normal for this motherboard? If not, do you think it is the power supply?

I have an Antec 350w power supply that I could try, but I'm not sure if this power supply would be better or worse then the Powmax 400w. I know Antec is a better brand, but the specs on the Powmax are better.

Should I try the Antec..or do I really need a more powerful good brand power supply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't worry about the -5 and -12, they aren't used any more. Some boards ship with 3.0V batteries instead of 3.3V. Unless you are losing your CMOS settings don't worry about it. The standby 5V isn't too important unless you use standby or 'power on keyboard' functions.

VDD isn't too perfect, so what you are reading is about right. Your Vcore does seem a bit low for being set to 1.7. Do you have any cooling on the mosfets?

Check the sticky in the Cases and Power section on how to compare power supplies, that should help you pick one!

-Rav

Yeah.. Vcore was what bothered me the most...
It seems like it reads low a lot...especially with it set at 1.7
I've seen it dip to 1.615....it never gets to 1.7...most of the time it's about .5 low..

I have a stick on heatsink for a video card from a Vantec Iceberq kit that I cut up and stuck on the mosfets....

My system temp is usually around 35c-38c.

CPU temp is around 44c-52 at my current speed.

That case temp seems a bit high, try opening it up and see if a lower temp in there helps your voltage. Also, whats the default voltage of your particular CPU?

-Rav

Ok..I'll try it opened up...Default vcore is supposed to be 1.65

I have 4 fans in the case already..
2 80mm in front sucking in..
One 80 mm in back.. blowing out
One 90mm on top..blowing out..
The powersupply just has a single fan on the back.

The 90mm is a custom one using a regular grill. The other fans are all using built-in locations for fans in the case.

I don't know if I can punch any more holes in this case.. :)

I ended up purchasing an Antec True Power 430...

Interestingly enough...

Power readins didn't really change.. Vcore is still below what I set it in the MB... even with the cover off..

Right now I have it set at 1.725, and it is reading 1.65-1.7..

My system has gotten cooler, though. Case temp is 31c solid..
CPU varies...39-41 no load to 51 loaded using prime95. Probably due to the extra fan...(my old ps only had one fan)...

Also, the variable speed fan control is nice. Makes things quiet when not loaded.

I have the RGA non+ & it does the same thing no matter what i set the v-core in the bios its always lower in the moniter. @ 2.150v/bios=2.095-2.1v. dont feel bad my A7V8X goes .25-.50v higher then the bios. even @ default it shows 1.7-1.75v.:eh?:

Yeah my 8rga+ has a problem undervolting EVERYTHING. My vcore running at 1.925 shows 1.9...all the time. VDD and everything else is the same. I am running 10.5x221 on mine without any problems though. I do need to cool my NB actively and figure out what the hell a mosfet is ;)

Back