• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uber bios's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

anyone else use these? i just flashed one and it seems okay but just curious to see if anyone's had problems...on the nforce forum, haven't read much against these...

nope 1004 uber works great for me...ive stayed away from the 1005 cuz ive read its not that good for OC'n..besides my system runs great the way it is...for now ;)

does the uber 1004 give you any advantages over the asus official one? just trying to see if i want to try the uber 1004 now...thanks, thunda.

i dunno..there are more features but alot that i dont touch ;) i just tried it and left it cuz i see lots using it it working well..

Well, I've been using the uber bios 1005 for about a week now and have not seen any problems. I'm currently running at 2.31 Ghz on a XP2500 Barton. I will probably start trying to bump this thing up some more next week and let ya'll know if I start having any problems.

uber bios's are good

all they do is let you play with settings that asus hid from you for various reasons

1 good thing that the uber bios make available is chipset voltage, when overclocking increasing it helps... however i must say that no one has yet proven if that setting actually does anything to the board, ppl with multimeters need to find out and tell us

i was told the chip voltage doesn't do anything so i didn't even mess with it when i had uber 1005 on my board....

on the rev 2.0 boards i believe it's been proven that it DOES infact increase voltage, this has yet to be proven on rev 1.0x boards

don't mess with it if you are running stable

if you overclock and hit a wall, give it a try

Back