• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 7+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimito

Registered
I bought the volcano 7+ which has a little switch which is handy so you can change the speed to three different settings- slow, "median" as it says on the sticker, or high.
I have it on normal and am running a 1.133GhZ Athlon and my temperature is still around 50* shouldnt it be alot lower? the fan is pretty noisy so i thougght it would be cooling heaps! also does it matter if the case is open or closed i have it open but i have to watch for any dust. Maybe i didnt put the thermal grease in properly. .

I would say take the heatsink off clean the core with rubbing alcohol, clean the heatsink with rubbing alcohol and re-apply the AS3.

I would do what Ben721 said and then turn the fan on the highest setting. Also if you have case fans the computer will run cooler with the case closed so I would try it with the case closed. Also the old Athlons realy do throw off alot of heat. But 50c is just fine for temp.

Thank You,
Daniel

The motherboard is a GA7ZXE and i am monitoring the temp from sisoft sandra. is there any ohter way to measure the cpu temp?

motherboard monitor, I use it to monitor my WC temps, if they go up too much, my comp turns off. EX being failed pump, fan, ect.

jimito said:
The motherboard is a GA7ZXE and i am monitoring the temp from sisoft sandra. is there any ohter way to measure the cpu temp?

Yes with MOTHERBOARD MONITOR but you will have to configure it manually so you can view your temps realtime. I'm not familair with your motherboard & so I can't walk you thru choosing the sensors but all it takes is time to figure it out.

what i did with mbm5 was just try the diff sensors and so long as they were not way off. i left them and it worked out

Back