• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Stock HS on AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BaD CrC

I was thinking of mounting the Intel Stock HS I got from my boxed P4C 3.0Ghz on my 'old' XP2000+ (my P4 is watercooled). I'm not sure how I'm gonna do that though, but I assume the results can be quite good. I got the Intel HS with the copper core version. Anyone tried that? Thanks for feedback.

Now I don't know how the s478 looks, as I don't have a p4 system/have seen one where I could determine it.. but the socket doesn't have the 'edge' that socket A has, does it?

In that case you'd first have to modify the base of the heatsink.. as for attaching it, I guess you could just use a clip from some other heatsink and attack it with that (might also require some modding)

If s478 does have the 'edge' then I guess it's just a matter of getting a clip and getting it to fit so you can seat the heatsink.

You could definetely use thermal epoxy to mount it but the question is how would you mount it with the epoxy? If I am not mistaken the mounting system for P4's is very different. I would like to see some pics if you get it working.

Thank You,
Daniel

As there is no edge on s478, and there is one on Socket A.. he can't just epoxy it there, he needs to mod the heatsink first then.. Which was why I brought up the edge in the first place.. ;)

Back