• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soltek Sl-75frn2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndyH8

Registered
Hi.
Just wondered if the three mem slots can be filled and still use dual channel mem function on this board. Also the bios FSB max is 166. How do I enable the 200 for the latest chips.
Thanks
Andy

I am pretty sure there is a jumper that changes your overclocking options scan your board for it and look through the manual.

Update your Bios version to 1.2 or higher and it will give the 200fsb option, you will get dual channel if all slots are full :D DIMM 3 is the master channel, as long as there is a stick in there and a stick in one or both other DIMM's, you will get D/C.

Hope that makes sence:D
Good luck
PCluva

Enable Expert settings in the BIOS, and you will be able to select in 1 mhz increments FSB from 100 to 200+.

Also dual-channel memory is only available in a 2-DIMM configuration. You will have to make sure both DIMMS are of the same size and configuration.

Not Sure

It says in the manual that the mobo is dual channel with all three slots filled as long as one of them is the dual master. Howeevr with three slots full the 3D mark score is lower!!?? by about 500.
If the manual is wrong I will be p***** as I have bought a third stick only to be penalised.
Any ideas.
Thanks
Andy

You will get D/C as long as you the ram in DIMM1 and DIMM2 has the same total size as the stick in the master channel.

2x256Mb sticks + 1x512Mb*=1000Mb. this combo will give dual channel

this one will not

512MB + 256Mb(or 512) + 512Mb*=1280 (or 1536:D)

*512Mb in the master channel

D/C will run better if you have two identical sticks, but the extra performance is very small

Edit: fixed Spelling

Last edited:
Is that for real? Where did you get that information?

Currently I'm stuck at 512mb, because I want to keep dual-channel active. I've read in several other posts that DC does not work in a 3 DIMM configuration.

Could you post your sources by any chance?

If what you're saying is correct (and it may very well be), I should be able to throw in another stick of 512mb, since I currently have two 256mb DIMMs. Does this sound correct?

Thanks for info.

Back