• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SL-75FRN2 Second Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndyH8

Registered
Sorry I forgot to ask. It states in the manual that you have to manually enable DMA in the disk/Atapi properties within the device manager, after installing the nforce drivers. I have done this sort of thing before when en/disabling DMA whilst flashing cd drives. But with the above mobo there doesn't seem to be an option for this. The HDD are recognised as SCSI (they aren't) and the primary and secondary enbedded controllers are not shown, just nforce ide controller only.
Anyone have any answers on why the HDD are shown as SCSI and where the DMA/PIO setings are when using this mobo.
Cheers
Andy

alt+double click my computer on the desk top, go to hardware, device manager, expand ATA/ATAPI controllers. you should see "NVIDIA NForce 2(tm) SPP/IGP ATA controller" right click it and select properties. You should then see the options for the primary and secondy IDE channels. I have know idea why SCSI is showing up:confused:

Query

I have opened the properties box and the only tabs I get are general, driver and resources no sign of the primary/sec?
Waht driver version are you running?
I am on 2.03
Andy

Download Nvidia's drivers through their website (www.nvidia.com).

Install the drivers, tell it YES when it asks about the IDE controller, and you are set. It should just say NVIDIA Nforce2 IDE Controller. After that there are no settings to mess around with, DMA should be enabled by default if the system supports it.

Back