• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Probe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoomArse

Hey i have a question for anyone who has ASUS probe, start it up then go to information>DMI explorer>processor and if you look down the line theres something that says max speed, is that the highest you can overclock your processor? or just something else?

V2.20.07 says the max speed is 1800mhz, but it also shows my chip running at 2.08Ghz correctly. So I don't think it's any kind of cap, just a manufacturer rating related to the MB model. Another thing I noticed is that when I installed this version of Probe, the monitored temps went way up.......chip from 40c to 50c at idle. Which is closer to the harware monitor thru BIOS, but I still wonder.

:cool:

i have probe but on an intel asus board, and my max speed is 2400, and i think it is the fastest you can go stably on stock voltage maybe btw my processor runs at 2700 so it isn't your fastest clock

heh, mine says the max speed is 3000 MHz. I doubt my chip will be doing that anytime soon.

that just tells you what cpu your board can support...

i don't use asus probe anymore, mbm5 owns probe cause it shows you die/core cpu temp

Back