• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

There be a new blower in town!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They typically move less air, right? But there isn't the dead spot in the middle like a normal fan... so... there's a tradeoff. Is it worth it to have less CFM if it's more 'efficient' air? Am I just way off?

At least this will prompt Coolermaster to release the variable speed version of the Aero 7+ blower. I think as these type of fans evolve a little they will replace the axial fans. Anyone notice these blower type fans are at every walmart / target in the form of house fans?

They are great.

It's called a squirell cage fan, no? I know they are used in autos more than axial fans. They are especially useful if you need to move a lot of air without much intake.

its a good blower, pushes a great deal of air.. but uhm, its loud..

I think that one of the main advantages to this type of squirrel cage fans is that they do not create a dead spot in the center like normal fans tend to do. Having said that, the ~27CFM at 5.4 watts seems weak in flow and high in powerdraw... I'd be more interested in a more efficient and powerful design tbh.

Yeah, it's weak and check the pressure, that's low too.

Who on earth would want a blower for an exhaust fan? I can only see them on heatsink applications LoL!

I hate for people with slim cases to have to use a blower LoL!, I remember the Dragon Orb's wouldn't fit in some small cases.

It doesn't look very effective, IMO. Any 80mm fan can exhaust more air than that blower can.

Why not just get a really big squirel cage fan. I have one on my woodstove that probably blows 250+cfm I should just mount it on my heatsink.

Thank You,
Daniel

I have a question dude - why do you back Thermaltake so much? It borders on the ridiculous when there's better performance available for the same money, with higher quality in most cases.

It confuses me, but you and modenaf1 are probably the staunchest supporters of Tt on these forums. No other forum i've been to likes Thermaltake.

Mark Larson said:
I have a question dude - why do you back Thermaltake so much? It borders on the ridiculous when there's better performance available for the same money, with higher quality in most cases.

It confuses me, but you and modenaf1 are probably the staunchest supporters of Tt on these forums. No other forum i've been to likes Thermaltake.

Interesting, well....lets see...they make awesome fans, they have VERY good heatsinks once in awhile and thier stuff looks cool. I also love Vantec cooling gear. What is even more interesting is you took the time to ponder this question when it doesnt matter what I like...its WHAT I LIKE. Has nothing to do with you, and this thread was all about pointing out a new blower type fan released like the Aero 7+ (a coolermaster product mind you). Alot of people want the higher RPM Aero 7+ fan but dont want to buy the HS to get it, I happened upon this one today and pointed it out, that ok with you?

Now, I got a Spark 7 HS today cause the price was right and it was in a local store here for $25. It performs VERY well and looks really good (in my opinion). Thermaltake, Vantec, Thermalright, Swiftech, and many other companies make excellent products, I choose what I choose, now mind your business :p

ie...I dont tell you what to buy, or point out what you buy, so SHADAP!

Ok Im done :D

Oh did I mention that Enermax also makes some of the best fans out there? Yes I like them too, add that to my personal support the company that makes good products list.

it is still an early desing, I bet if they can work the problems out is will work fine.

And yes Tt is higher priced then most other companies, but my experence has been good with them, never had a fan that failed of anything else.

chasingapple said:
I choose what I choose, now mind your business

ie...I dont tell you what to buy, or point out what you buy, so SHADAP!

Ok Im done
Well that was certainly much more polite than my own query, wasn't it? OMG NOES j00 PWNED MEH!!111

I think blowers should be extinct like paddlewheels for old steamboats. Prop rocks! :D

(Now, lets see how popular I get :) )

Well, seriously, blowers do have an right to exist and they function well within their territory. This blower portrayed in this thread doesn't seem to bring any news to the community. It's big, clumsy and puts out a measily 26cfm. Mind you it doesn't do it quietly either...
I can't think of a proper use for it except landfill....

I use a Turbine blower at work, I must thing these things pump and incredible ammount of air.

They are the perfect technology for compuers, If only they can find a way to "perfect" the minature versions of the Turbine Blower.

People should watch these things with interest.

Back