• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg.com shipping taking advantage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
Here is a link to both colors of Chenbro's new case PC61166. If you notice these cases are exactly the same yet the shipping for the silver case is $5 more than the orange case.

Make me raise an eyebrow to Newegg. I know they have used shipping to make up for lower priced or scratch and dent items. But this one is a bit obvious.

I emailed Newegg.com and I havent received any response nor seen any change on the website. If they do manage to fix the shipping costs I will PM a mod to lock the thread.

Just thought I'd let you all know. I ahve a feeling Newegg.com is slowly sliding down the big business hill... :(

Last edited:
It's like that anywhere you look these days, chances are they are in different spots of the country, east coast, west coast, etc and they just drop ship them from Chenbro or something similar.

I have ordered several thousand dollars worth of product from newegg and they have never drop-shipped at all to me. I am sure they play with the shipping on different items to get them to move. If they have too much of something they my lower it or drop it to free just to sweeten the deal.

Hookem said:
From what newegg has told me over the phone, they do not drop ship anything...:eek:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Newegg doesn't drop ship. They're actually a very large vendor. I bet they have higher volume than some of those lower tier distributors.

My bet is they have too many of the orange case and want to get rid of it by offering a special deal on it.

I wonder how you guys think you know they don't drop ship? You would never know if they did, it just seems odd that you are so sure they don't. Chances are they don't on most things but some they may depending on stock.

vonkaar said:
Because they SAID they don't! Why would any business lie?? =p

lol, good one:D

Shipping really doesn't mean s**t when it comes to buying online anyway. The bottom line is...well the bottom line, cost + shipping.

Every company is going to try and fool you into thinking prices are lower so cost + shipping is really the only price you can judge a product by.

You really think newegg eats it on all those free shipping items? Its figured in somewhere for sure.

The very good thing about Newegg is they are VERY up front with shipping costs where most places make you go 1/2 way through checking out to get shipping. The downside of that is Newegg charges $5 shipping EACH for 10 different very small and light items.

Back