• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ & Enermax PSU = instability ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LkyOldSun

Considering getting an 8RDA+, BUT...
I have a 330 W. ermax psu, and was told to get a OC board with a P4 (12 V.) connection for stability because Enermax notorious for low V. on 5 V. line. Is instability from enermax low 5 V. line a common problem with OC'ng a 8RDA+?

I beleive the 12V aux connector is required for Nforce2 based boards, so you will need a PSU that has one. I've had a 330W Enermax as well (maybe the same?) and it had horrible 5V, down to 4.6 sometimes. I've had better luck with Antec, but amazingly, my best 5V PSU's are all generic :eek:

You may also want to check this sticky in the Cases and Power Supplies section, as well as threads like it for info about low 5V problems.

-Rav

The only EPoX mainboards based upon NForce 2 IGP or SPP with 12v auxillary connector are as follows :-

EP-8RDA3+
EP-8RGA+
EP-8RGA
EP-8RGM
EP-8RGMI
EP-8RGM+

With my generic PSU my 5v rails are +5 - 5.11 and -5 - 5.34. Reading off MBM5 that is pretty close, when I tested them with my multimeter that was about right. My 12v line however I feel is lacking very much but I think it may be a problem with mbm5 +12 -11.37 and -12 -6.02 on my multimeter the 12v line was reading around 11.78-11.98 so any mobo readings may be a tad off.

Back