• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spark 7 In da house!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Ok ok I am the heatsink junkie! Well, the stock Intel HS was giving me grief with my problematic Abit BE7 motherboard (my board is stupid when it comes to accurately measuring temps), and my Aeroflow was not quite up to the cooling job for my overclock...so I ran down to my local PC Club and got myself a Thermaltake Spark 7.

Of course it was just installed so I have to wait 72 hours for accurate temp comparisons...but let me tell you it is already whooping my Aeroflow by 2c before it has cured! Oh yeah, im in love with my little honeycomb grilled orange beauty. Here are a couple pics if anyone wants to see it.

spark1.jpg

spark2.jpg

You need to adjust that grill.

I wish I had a 120mm holder like you do. :D

Ben721 said:
You need to adjust that grill.

I wish I had a 120mm holder like you do. :D

92mm Intake and 120mm Exhaust :)

And I like the grill sideways, more stylish and no one else does it, lol. The case cost $50 at Newegg...... LINK

Copper is a great material. They need to start making solid silver heatsinks soon. That looks like you have great system there. Thanks for the great pictures.

Thank You,
Daniel

arabarabian said:
Copper is a great material. They need to start making solid silver heatsinks soon. That looks like you have great system there. Thanks for the great pictures.

Thank You,
Daniel

Anytime ;)

Ah... nice...

Finally, a member of the gold fan grill crowd whose combination does not look gaudy and actually cools well....

I like the vreg heatsinks... they match with the enermax fans.

cV said:
Ah... nice...

Finally, a member of the gold fan grill crowd whose combination does not look gaudy and actually cools well....

I like the vreg heatsinks... they match with the enermax fans.

OH CRAP!!! ROFL....I didnt realize that all my internal fan grills were gold, hahahaha..

I've got a BE7-G mobo, but was afraid to mount this HS for fear of it ripping off the mobo... Its kind of a thin thing? Is yours on their tightly enough? If so, I may have to take a gander at throwing that in there (It is loud though).

Ffats said:
I've got a BE7-G mobo, but was afraid to mount this HS for fear of it ripping off the mobo... Its kind of a thin thing? Is yours on their tightly enough? If so, I may have to take a gander at throwing that in there (It is loud though).

Its on there to stay, best clipping mechanism I have ever used, honestly. Its tight.

chasingapple said:
Ok ok I am the heatsink junkie! Well, the stock Intel HS was giving me grief with my problematic Abit BE7 motherboard (my board is stupid when it comes to accurately measuring temps), and my Aeroflow was not quite up to the cooling job for my overclock...so I ran down to my local PC Club and got myself a Thermaltake Spark 7.
[/IMG]

I removed the Spark7 from my system again because that thing is TOO DAMN NOISY!

Any offers?

Re: Re: Re: Spark 7 In da house!

chasingapple said:

Maybe try a TMD 70mm Fan on it?

I didn't know that I can replace the fan on it !?!
It was a pain to get the cooler off the MB I have to say
it was sitting there VERY tight. So I don't think I want to install it again since I might upgrade the cpu at some point.

Back