• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the Deal with Intel Forum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokicat

Sorry to say, but I've switched plaforms over to the dark side. I just couldn't resist the 875/865 with a P4C processor.

Anyway, is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that the Intel forums are just not too helpful for overclocking? I just have a few simple questions out there and not getting much in terms of answers. This is so different than the AMD forum. I don't know where I'd be without the immediate help and encouragement I got from this forum.

I'd bet this forum knows more about Intel overclocking than even the Intel forums. Maybe Intel overclockers are a bit more cautious experimenting since the P4s are so damn expensive. Can't imagine it's too much fun blowing up a $200 CPU.

Oh well, maybe this wasn't such a good idea afterall. I have to admit, I'm definitely being more careful playing with $400 worth of mobo and CPU!

NOOOOOoooooooo!

Say it isn't so!

Why did you go and do that?! J/K

Personally, I have never once gone to the Intel forums... heheheee, maybe I should? It seems like the folks who use Intel are just too busy trying to tell us in the AMD forums that our CPUs are no good! Heheha!

I view a lot of them as kinda stuck up, like a bunch of rich boys (and girls) who turn their noses disdainfully on us poor AMDers....

Anyway, I couldn't resist some ribbing... sorry, I am truly sorry you are not getting any good help on the 'Dark Side' as you called it.

Maybe someday you will come to your senses and come back to the Light................. when that day comes, we will be here to greet you like we would our long lost relatives....

Enough of that garbage! I am off to check out these fabled Intel Forums to find out what is the rage.....

Good Luck!

I have played both sides of the fence and I have to say that I have always fealt that the Intel forums where more helpful than the AMD forums are. Maybe our questions just wherent worded right, of maybe the right persons just wherent on the night of either of our posts, but really everyone here on these forums with the exception of a select few have been very helpful. Usually when I hadnt gotten the response that I was looking for I would just make another post and try rewording it a bit so that maybe people could understand it a bit better. I hope that helps. AMD or Intel, these forums are the best of the best. Very little flaming, and great MODS.

i think both forums are top notch.

lately several of the upper end intel guys have gotten upset and haven't been on the forums as much lately so that has something to do with you not getting answers.

i've been trying to get myself back into gaming and haven't been on near as much as i have been recently.

i think on any given post in either forum it could turn out like yours or it could be a 2-3 page postathon. just depends on the mood of the forum at the time.

Back