• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please sign the petition!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you have the wrong section.

Maybe newegg has a reason or something?, cause I've seen forums with around 5,000 users with a newegg banner.

Skip pays for a lot of the bandwidth charges here, please help get us sponsorship.

nope we usually have 1 ad. back then newegg couldnt if they wanted to i think.

anyways this is the right section. i posted this in the busyest spots.

Ben721 said:
I think you have the wrong section.

Maybe newegg has a reason or something?, cause I've seen forums with around 5,000 users with a newegg banner.

Hmmm....I wonder why that is. Maybe we should ask skip first. After all, these are his forums and what he says goes.

EDIT:
I'm pretty sure he's up for this and I'll most likely sign the petition.

Zoilo said:
mmm....I wonder why that is. Maybe we should ask skip first. After all, these are his forums and what he says goes.

We have asked and he said they don't like us. So let's make them sit up :)

Does Skip know about this petition and all?

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but there's probably a reason behind this.

Cjwinnit said:

What's not to like??? :D I'll sign it, then.

c'mon guys weve already dispatched like 20 very convincing e-mails.

this is the only one that people arent signing. theya re signing away in amd and intel and gc

Cjwinnit said:

I like ocforums and I also buy from Newegg but I see no connection.

Basically you're signing a petition that says "All users of NewEgg should support my hobby." Joe Sixpack isn't going to pay a nickel extra so you can have a forum. He may not know much about computers but he may have a highschool diploma (many of you don't) and have a better understanding of how bills get paid. Perhaps you plan for people who click the link to pay a bit extra (for forum support purposes)?

I'm sorry but signing such a petition only marks you as someone who isn't willing to pay for your own hobby.

Donate to ocforums already! They don't survive on good-will!

It works this way, every sale that is made from clicking on the Newegg banner would give the guys that run this board a percent of the money made by Newegg.

In other words, Newegg makes more money because of that banner from people clicking it on these forums, and the guys that run this forum make money from Newegg since they are "advertising" for them.

This allows the common Joe to not HAVE to pay extra money to donate to his "hobby," instead some of the money he uses to buy parts goes to support his "hobby."

Ugmore Baggage said:

I like ocforums and I also buy from Newegg but I see no connection.

Basically you're signing a petition that says "All users of NewEgg should support my hobby." Joe Sixpack isn't going to pay a nickel extra so you can have a forum. He may not know much about computers but he may have a highschool diploma (many of you don't) and have a better understanding of how bills get paid. Perhaps you plan for people who click the link to pay a bit extra (for forum support purposes)?

I'm sorry but signing such a petition only marks you as someone who isn't willing to pay for your own hobby.

Donate to ocforums already! They don't survive on good-will!

Then what about the newegg banner ads on other forums? Shouldn't that be just as bad? Besides, there are a lot of minors who don't or can't work and have no way to donate, but wish they could. Now tell me if they're not willing to pay for their hobby. I'm sorry, but if other forums can get banner ad support from newegg, so can we.

I have no problem signing the petitition, but I am waiting to see if this is something Skip wants members doing on his behalf before I do sign it.

Skip if you see this thread please post your thoughts on this.

Randy

please read the big multiple page page thread in forum comments and suggestons.

skip said he already wrote them a letter asking for sponsorship but recieved no reply.

many of us was wrote ee-mails to newegg and got replies saying that due to the # number of letters going in the head advertiser guys are still looking at all the e-mails.

would it hurt to try? even if they dont do anything would about 30sec of your time hurt? many of us have spent over 35min on composing letters the least you guys could do is type your name and click submit. its not that hard.

Back